Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTSD Reassessment

+5
Nemo
soldier270
czerv
XMedic
Gunner8
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PTSD Reassessment  Empty Re: PTSD Reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Fri 15 Feb 2019, 18:10

My reassessment finally went to complete yesterday. Letter is in the mail. It took a total of 27 weeks and 1 day from the time it went to step 3.
I was told it was a favourable decision so I’m happy about that, even tho the wait was frustrating.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 09 Feb 2019, 09:50

No, appealing a decision does not place a hold on the money that was approved. What will happen, is you would get the 20% amount, and then the 10% amount, if the appeal is successful. Of cousre, the amount of money will depend on how you choose to take it, under the PFL. As a lump sum, you would just get the 10% lump sum amount (approx $36000), but if you choose to take the monthly pension, the additional 10% would bring your overall monthly pension to $345, and would paid retroactively, back to the original application date.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2019, 22:44

XMedic wrote:I just received my ptsd reassessment that was submitted May 13, 2018.  I'm disappointed with the result so now I have to take it to VRAB which will likely mean another year of waiting.
you mentioned another year of waiting, if your ptsd % was originally 10% ,and through BPA or whatever or your own reassessment you feel the % should be 30%, but the reassessment comes back as 20%, so you appeal, does that have an effect on the money you are about to receive.? I.e. you should still get the 20% until VAC decides if you’re entitled to more right.? They don’t freeze it at the original amount because you were not happy with 20% until they decide if the ptsd disability is actually 30% as you and BPA suggest do they ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 15:37

Gunner8 wrote:I just talked to me CM, she told me that it looks like I got a favourable decision up 9%. She said there’s no decision letter there yet, but it looks like favourable. She said i Should expect a letter in a week or so. I hope she’s right. I’m currently at 24 weeks for reassessment from step 3.

Gunner

Good stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 22 Jan 2019, 14:37

I just talked to me CM, she told me that it looks like I got a favourable decision up 9%. She said there’s no decision letter there yet, but it looks like favourable. She said i Should expect a letter in a week or so. I hope she’s right. I’m currently at 24 weeks for reassessment from step 3.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 18:11

bulldozer wrote:the last time i had a reassessment for ptsd and my knee was in 2002 on the old disability pension  and received 65% and no reassessment since then thats 17 years ago and had no news
from my cm or anybody from vac or other ex military and was kind of screwed up ,the only contact with vets was on this site and just recently last November 2018 realized what i was missing out like elb,dec,cia,cias,vip services all aprouved thanks to all the helpful people  on this site,thanks again guys!
I was similar I was assessed a few years after you, then I went off the grid for over a decade and emerged to find out I was entitled to this and that, now I’m playing catch up. But I’m not kidding , I’ve learned nothing from CMs all my benefits were discovered reading threads here

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:51

the last time i had a reassessment for ptsd and my knee was in 2002 on the old disability pension and received 65% and no reassessment since then thats 17 years ago and had no news
from my cm or anybody from vac or other ex military and was kind of screwed up ,the only contact with vets was on this site and just recently last November 2018 realized what i was missing out like elb,dec,cia,cias,vip services all aprouved thanks to all the helpful people on this site,thanks again guys!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 09:16

Sleeping dog,

I can't remember how many weeks in each instance, but the last reassessment adjudication took approximately 36 weeks if I remember correctly.

None of those reassessments was initiated by the BPA. I simply asked VAC to reassess me with the new information I had to back up my claim.

I did encounter push back from my CM at the time I requested the assessments that were a year apart, but after arguing with her about it a few times she relented. Ultimately my claim was successful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 07:53

Bruce72 wrote:
Sleeping Dog wrote:
bulldozer wrote:49 weeks in stage 3 for ptsd and knee ,how do you like them apples!
is that a first time application for ptsd or a reassessment, ? If you’re already receiving something for ptsd and they do a reassessment after 2 years, it falls under a departmental review not a first time application, either way 49 weeks is basically a year , that’s B.S.!

I've had 4 reassessments for PTSD since 2008. Two of those reassessments were 1 year apart. None were a departmental review and all had a positive outcome.

Veterans can request a reassessment every two years or sooner in some cases if the veteran can provide new information to support their claim and if they feel their condition/s have worsened.
do you know how many weeks you waited from reassessment to positive outcome? In my case BPA felt my % was off so they resubmitted the claim. On the my vac account they are calling it a " departmental review " not a reassessment, either way I'm waiting at twice the posted average, but life goes on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 03:30

Sleeping Dog wrote:
bulldozer wrote:49 weeks in stage 3 for ptsd and knee ,how do you like them apples!
is that a first time application for ptsd or a reassessment, ? If you’re already receiving something for ptsd and they do a reassessment after 2 years, it falls under a departmental review not a first time application, either way 49 weeks is basically a year , that’s B.S.!

I've had 4 reassessments for PTSD since 2008. Two of those reassessments were 1 year apart. None were a departmental review and all had a positive outcome.

Veterans can request a reassessment every two years or sooner in some cases if the veteran can provide new information to support their claim and if they feel their condition/s have worsened.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 05:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2019, 21:23

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Fri 18 Jan 2019, 21:04

49 weeks in stage 3 for ptsd and knee ,how do you like them apples!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 19:42

Sleeping Dog, I’m not sure how they do these claims. It seems like some people get there’s completed way faster than others. It makes no sense. No consistency at all. It’s ridiculous. I’m almost 24 weeks now at step 3.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 19:40

Sorry to hear that Xmedic. Best of luck in your appeal.
Did u submit your application in May, or was it on step 3 in May?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Fri 18 Jan 2019, 17:16

I just received my ptsd reassessment that was submitted May 13, 2018. I'm disappointed with the result so now I have to take it to VRAB which will likely mean another year of waiting.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next