Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BPA good or bad.?

2 posters

Go down

BPA good or bad.? Empty Re: BPA good or bad.?

Post by Newf Mon 17 Dec 2018, 15:20

The BPA has been a big help to me on three seperate occassions over the past ten years. These are legal experts who can review the reason(s) for an unfavorable decision then give you advice on how to proceed with an appeal. They will inform you of the information (e.g doctor reports, witness statements, etc) you require to help in a legal arguement before the VRAB. They will also research legal cases and gather information to support their arguements which will then be presented to the VRAB. Conversely, if the BPA feels you do not have a chance at a successful appeal then they will advise you to withdraw your case. The decision is yours to make!

The BPA can also review any favourable decisions you receive from VAC as well. For example, if you were awarded a Grade Five level on an EIA application then you can ask the BPA to review this matter. The BPA may determine that your medical conditions and information you original submitted warrants a Grade Four level and they can help you appeal this decision. On the other hand, they may suggest you are fairly compensated at Grade Five level. Also, the BPA can review any successfull disability application to ensure you were given the correct percentage.

All of my experiences have been good with the BPA.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Mon 17 Dec 2018, 14:39

From my Experience they were great help. I had denied claim, and they got me approved 4/5, and got 29% of it. Took a long time to get everything done but the Advocate that help me was on point and great during the hearing. I did mine on the phone.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

BPA good or bad.? Empty BPA good or bad.?

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2018, 13:39

The Bureau of Pension Advocates is part of VAC and yet on the surface they go to bat for veterans who may have gotten a raw deal. What have been people’s experience with them, did their involvement help your claim, or are they just one more organization in the back pocket of the GOC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down