Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL “The dust is settling”

+4
Sailor63
propat
MikeCeeGB
bigrex
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

PFL “The dust is settling” - Page 5 Empty Re: PFL “The dust is settling”

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2019, 00:48

Sleeping dog we all lost on cia and cias, 200 on each.
Your the same age as me roughly you should be up about 392 not a loss of 450 message your vac account ask them to review it if your showing a loss!?

Im just shy of 60 getting 392 more, just putting this out there for comparisson purposes, 100% plus dissabled on the vac Richter scale. 30% PA 70% jumbled mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2019, 00:19

Steelgunner wrote:With April 1st come and gone the dust is settling on all the hype the GOC/VAC has put forth.

My net gain is $426.25 for a over100% Veteran.  I am thankful for not being in the negative column and thank you VAC.  I hope no Veteran lost any amount with this change.  I presume I will see better tax numbers next year when I file my taxes, but that is a real sore part for me because they never take off enough to balance you perfectly for taxes. There is past Military increases back pay and I even got 8k increase this year because of incorrect grade level.

Now, we all have to sit back and think was all this worth it?  I wonder the amount VAC spent on this new system in making the policies, consultations, training?  It would be nice to find out the average increase for a Veteran, then find out the cost to implement this new system.   I would take the total numbers of veterans in the system and divide it by the cost of the system to see which number is higher.  I am almost willing to bet donuts to dollars the VAC wasted so much in this new system it would have been better to keep the PA/NVC charter as it is with minor tweaks, better services, and good  increases for all veterans in all categories.

We just don’t want money wasted that is earmarked for veterans.  We don’t want benefits renamed and put under an umbrella and the system so complex that we as veterans can see how you arrived at these numbers.  VAC staff can not explain the system properly, depends who you talk to.  Can’t blame them three systems in the last fourteen years.  The MVA keeps changing non stop, reminds me of the CO  changes at Battery Level, new commander new system.

We want the service to improve and the backlog gone.

Just my two cents.
by my math I'm down $450 a month...but I guess that evens out because my CIA is no longer taxable? I dont know what's going on, I just stumble obliviously through the VAC maze,hoping not to be eaten by the minotaur

Back to top Go down

PFL “The dust is settling” - Page 5 Empty PFL “The dust is settling”

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2019, 00:01

With April 1st come and gone the dust is settling on all the hype the GOC/VAC has put forth.

My net gain is $426.25 for a over100% Veteran.  I am thankful for not being in the negative column and thank you VAC.  I hope no Veteran lost any amount with this change.  I presume I will see better tax numbers next year when I file my taxes, but that is a real sore part for me because they never take off enough to balance you perfectly for taxes. There is past Military increases back pay and I even got 8k increase this year because of incorrect grade level.

Now, we all have to sit back and think was all this worth it?  I wonder the amount VAC spent on this new system in making the policies, consultations, training?  It would be nice to find out the average increase for a Veteran, then find out the cost to implement this new system.   I would take the total numbers of veterans in the system and divide it by the cost of the system to see which number is higher.  I am almost willing to bet donuts to dollars the VAC wasted so much in this new system it would have been better to keep the PA/NVC charter as it is with minor tweaks, better services, and good  increases for all veterans in all categories.

We just don’t want money wasted that is earmarked for veterans.  We don’t want benefits renamed and put under an umbrella and the system so complex that we as veterans can see how you arrived at these numbers.  VAC staff can not explain the system properly, depends who you talk to.  Can’t blame them three systems in the last fourteen years.  The MVA keeps changing non stop, reminds me of the CO  changes at Battery Level, new commander new system.

We want the service to improve and the backlog gone.

Just my two cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum