Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD Help

+5
Teentitan
Newf
AirLog
propat
MikeCeeGB
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

CPPD Help - Page 4 Empty Re: CPPD Help

Post by propat Fri 12 Apr 2019, 09:03

yup like sleeping dog said its a crap shoot and it takes time to get an answer . soooo id suggest you wait till you get a dissension then ask again . don't know if you have ELB yet or will have by the time you will have by CPPD approval but im assuming not thing is IF that approval comes in first it would be important info to answer your question properly .

so like I said best wait and ask again later IF you need to . one thing to get you started IF you get a decision and it includes retro pay and you haven't asked this question again between the time you received your decision letter and received your retro payment . DONT SPEND THAT MONEY . wait till you get the proper answer .

right now the only answer I could give you is DONT tell SISIP a thing till you notify mil pension pay them what you owe them and receive the proper paperwork from them for that including your adjusted monthly mil pension amount . then you notify SISIP with ALL that info included .

but like I said it takes time and things can change so in that time that answer may not be the best answer .

cart before the horse .

hope this helps

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2019, 23:29

MikeCeeGB wrote:Hello everyone;

I received my assessment letter from SISIP today and it turns out I am totally and permanently disabled.
Now I have to apply for my CPPD.
What I am looking for is a nice little step by step of how to do this properly and make sure everyone gets paid off at the right time and I don’t end up too far in the red and getting frustrated.
I know that this topic has been covered already in here, but I don’t know if the info is current. Also every topic is kind of littered with personal feelings about how we are getting screwed, or how bad all the branches of government are.
I’m at the point where I don’t care if it is good, bad, or indifferent. I’m just trying to work within the system, meet my requirements and move on with my life and stop worrying about pensions, supplements, tax credits etc.
Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. I do appreciate the people who make noise and fight the good fight. It does ensure the quiet ones like myself reap the benefits, and I am more than grateful. Thanks.
I'd like to help but I dont know much about SISIP, all I know is you send for the cppd forms in mail, lots of paperwork,  dr. Assessment etc, you send it back and then you wait. They say if you dont hear from them in 4 months start inquiring.  I can't say that if sisip writes you off that cppd will too it's a crap shoot.

Back to top Go down

CPPD Help - Page 4 Empty CPPD Help

Post by MikeCeeGB Thu 11 Apr 2019, 21:10

Hello everyone;

I received my assessment letter from SISIP today and it turns out I am totally and permanently disabled.
Now I have to apply for my CPPD.
What I am looking for is a nice little step by step of how to do this properly and make sure everyone gets paid off at the right time and I don’t end up too far in the red and getting frustrated.
I know that this topic has been covered already in here, but I don’t know if the info is current. Also every topic is kind of littered with personal feelings about how we are getting screwed, or how bad all the branches of government are.
I’m at the point where I don’t care if it is good, bad, or indifferent. I’m just trying to work within the system, meet my requirements and move on with my life and stop worrying about pensions, supplements, tax credits etc.
Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. I do appreciate the people who make noise and fight the good fight. It does ensure the quiet ones like myself reap the benefits, and I am more than grateful. Thanks.

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4