Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can one be on rehab program and serve as CIC cadets instructor?

2 posters

Go down

Can one be on rehab program and serve as CIC cadets instructor? Empty Re: Can one be on rehab program and serve as CIC cadets instructor?

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Apr 2019, 13:06

The answer is should be yes. There should be nothing wrong with working with Cadets, as long as you aren't telling VAC that you are unable to work, to get benefits. Even if you are getting the new IRB, while on the rehab program, you can now earn up to $20000/yr from employment earnings, before it gets deducted. The only thing is, do Cadet Instructors need to meet CF fitness regulations? If so, it might be hard to do, if you were already released for a back injury.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Can one be on rehab program and serve as CIC cadets instructor? Empty Can one be on rehab program and serve as CIC cadets instructor?

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:03

Hi, I am currently on the vocational rehab after an award for my lower back. My local Air Cadets approached me if I could enlist as a cadet instructor. My CM is not sure if I can and will look into it. CIC is part of the reserve forces. Anyone here in with the same experience?

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down