Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

+4
Zodiac
Unknown Soldier
Tireddad
daverobitaille@rogers.com
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by By the Bay Mon 27 Jan 2020, 08:41

Maybe Tireddad is being truthful regarding his application date and a VAC adjudicator made the mistake by applying his award towards the wrong pension system.

It wouldn't be the first time VAC screwed up!

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? - Page 2 Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:40

cdnnavy77 wrote:this guy is either trolling or completely stupid.im done

I hear ya. The fact is nothing he says jives.

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:39

this guy is either trolling or completely stupid.im done

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:32

PA (Pension Award) are disability benefits for claims submitted prior to the new veterans charter in 2006. Monthly, including amounts for dependants.
The DP at the start of the lines mean it was a PA

A DA (Disability Award) are 1 time lump sum payments made as part of the new veterans charter and replaced the PA for claims submitters dater April 1, 2006. No monthly payments.

On April 1, 2019, the system was revised again.
Any claims after that date are monthly PFL ( Pension For Life) payments. About 1/3 lower than the PA Payments, and no dependants.

DA Recipients get an addition monthly amount with is basically the difference of what they would have gotten all along with the PFL, Less the lump sum they did get paid. very small monthly payments.

Here it is again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:26

What part of there is no monthly benefits for spouses and children under the current legislation is confusing?

With relation to a PFL award.

That is the reality people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:09

Tireddad wrote:
cdnnavy77 wrote:Thats a disablility pension, not pension for life. just like what  everyone said,

Isn’t that what I initially said.  I said I applied for a claim of PTSD with VAC.  They decided in my favour and now I get a pension for life.  What am I missing?
not to add fuel to the fire, but this thread is a gong show now anyway, lol, but I think part of the problem is that you may be referring to the fact that you now get money every month until you die, which is in essence a “ pension for life “ , as it might be described to a civi. However THE Pension for Life is also the name of a separate program where by a veteran can take their allotted lump sum award and opt to have it given to them over a monthly period instead of all at once. Lol. Clear as mud.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:37

Tiredad you wrote:

I applied for the first time ever in the fall of 2018. No re-applications or re-assessments involved.

My screenshot clearly states that this is a “pension” and it is for life.

So, again ... am I not correct that this is a “pension for life”?

Now my turn. You're not being truthful.

And this has not been fun. And it won't be fun moving forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:30

Iceman wrote:
Tireddad wrote:
Iceman wrote:Tireddad

I asked, and you did not answer

This is what I wrote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tireddad. We see what you are saying.
Yes you are receiving a pension with dependants.
This is what we refer  to as a pension.

You are not receiving pension or life or additional pension for life.
We refer to that as a disability award or Pension for life.

You said you just started receiving this, great for you.
A question however, that will explain all the questions and misunderstanding.

Did you apply for a disability prior to 2006 that might have been decided, and just recently re-applied for the same disability?
If so, that completely explains how you got a pension, and is the missing information It would have been grandfathered in

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would explain everything if you had initially put in an application prior to 2006.

I applied for the first time ever in the fall of 2018.  No re-applications or re-assessments involved.

Let’s try this again.....
When did you get out. Was it prior to 2006?
Are you absolutely 100% sure there was never an application for PTSD prior to 2006?

Ahh, there is no point to this guys. I’m not sure where the misunderstanding is. Maybe it is my side? But, I’m moving on. Its been fun.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:25

Tireddad wrote:

This is what I wrote

Did you apply for a disability prior to 2006 that might have been decided, and just recently re-applied for the same disability?
If so, that completely explains how you got a pension, and is the missing information It would have been grandfathered in

It would explain everything if you had initially put in an application prior to 2006.

I applied for the first time ever in the fall of 2018.  No re-applications or re-assessments involved.

Let’s try this again.....
When did you get out. Was it prior to 2006?
Are you absolutely 100% sure there was never an application for PTSD prior to 2006?

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:20

To just clarify on terms.

A PA (Pension Award) are disability benefits for claims submitted prior to the new veterans charter in 2006. Monthly, including amounts for dependants.
The DP at the start of the lines mean it was a PA

A DA (Disability Award) are 1 time lump sum payments made as part of the new veterans charter and replaced the PA for claims submitters dater April 1, 2006. No monthly payments.

On April 1, 2019, the system was revised again.
Any claims after that date are monthly  PFL ( Pension For Life) payments. About 1/3 lower than the PA Payments, and no dependants.

DA Recipients get an addition monthly amount with is basically the difference of what they would have gotten all along with the PFL, Less the lump sum they did get paid. very small monthly payments.

Last edited by Iceman on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:26; edited 1 time in total

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:18

This is what I wrote

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:06

Tireddad

This is what I wrote

Iceman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:03

cdnnavy77 wrote:Good try, people asked what program, and you said Pension for Life. You didnt say you had a pension for life.  

Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?
by Tireddad on Fri 24 Jan 2020, 21:47

Six-Actual wrote:
Riddle me this shithead. Under what program are you receiving those benefits?

Pension for life.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31

Exactly ... I said I got a pension for life ... Is this not a pension life?  What am I missing here?

I was clear from the start that I applied for a disability claim for PTSD ... then I received a pension for life. What am I saying that’s wrong?

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cdnnavy77 Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:45

Good try, people asked what program, and you said Pension for Life. You didnt say you had a pension for life.

Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?
by Tireddad on Fri 24 Jan 2020, 21:47

Six-Actual wrote:
Riddle me this shithead. Under what program are you receiving those benefits?

Pension for life.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31

cdnnavy77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 15:22

No, what your doing is avoiding the details of this claim and the questions you brought upon yourself.

Details that could help clear up this misunderstanding and possibly help other vets.

And you fired the first shot in the discourse department. I responded in kind, if not with a slightly heavier hand.

On a different note. You wouldn't have wanted to serve with me, to answer your earlier query.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next