Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BPA and a vets case

2 posters

Go down

BPA and a vets case Empty Re: BPA and a vets case

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 01 Jan 2020, 10:38

bigrex wrote:Well, the first level of appeal is the review hearing, in which the Veteran normally attends, so they can give testimony, after the lawyer goes through their spiel. The board members will also ask questions, that might not have been properly reflected upon, in the application, that the lawyer cannot answer. So even though I don't think attendance in mandatory, it is encouraged.
no I’m just talking in terms of myvac account, I.e. a veteran complains to BPA, a “ departmental review” is then reflected in the myvacaccount ,cases open or whatever it falls under. But how does a departmental review go from stage 1 to stage 3 without any further input from the veteran. It makes me wonder if there are discussions going on between VAC and the lawyer that is moving it along quickly, and yet to this point the veteran was not asked in any way to further comment about the situation.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Dec 2019, 23:31

Well, the first level of appeal is the review hearing, in which the Veteran normally attends, so they can give testimony, after the lawyer goes through their spiel. The board members will also ask questions, that might not have been properly reflected upon, in the application, that the lawyer cannot answer. So even though I don't think attendance in mandatory, it is encouraged.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

BPA and a vets case Empty BPA and a vets case

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 25 Dec 2019, 21:22

When a veteran alerts BPA to a complaint they have about a judgment on their claim, is it possible for the situation to be dealt with between the lawyer and VAC without further involvement from the vet?. I mean the veteran submits their evidence to BPA, and is that where it ends until an outcome.? My understanding is that if the outcome results in no change the vet can appeal and at that point they get to speak to the particulars of the case.? I’m just wondering if a situation can be overturned and be positive for the veteran, with them having done nothing more than contacting BPA, and then they do everything else?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down