Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spousal/dependent care treatment for spouses/dependents of PTSD diagnosed veterans

Go down

Spousal/dependent care treatment for spouses/dependents of PTSD diagnosed veterans  Empty UPDATE: The decision has been reversed on this as of 1 April

Post by Rubicon Mon 18 May 2020, 11:50

I have heard thru the grapevine that VAC has reversed the decision on this and dependent therapy coverage for veterans with approved metal health issues will continue on an as approved basis. Same as it ever was which is a good thing.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Spousal/dependent care treatment for spouses/dependents of PTSD diagnosed veterans  Empty Spousal/dependent care treatment for spouses/dependents of PTSD diagnosed veterans

Post by Rubicon Mon 24 Feb 2020, 13:12

My service provider recently told me that VAC effective January 2020 has set a lifetime limit on the number of treatment visits for spouses/dependents of veterans with diagnosed PTSD to 12 visits. That is a lifetime limit of 12 visits which seems significantly low. Has anyone else with a spouse/dependent seeking treatment been told this as well? At this point the only workaround past the 12 visits seems to be attending the treatment appointments together as veteran and spouse or veteran and dependent which I am not against but it seems somewhat counter productive to be saving monies in this manner when VAC returned $105 million in unspent budget last year.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down