Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here

Go down

Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here Empty Re: Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here

Post by Newf Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:41

Not to often does this fall into our favour. Just to make sure I am correct, I suggest sending a message through MYVAC account to the decision makers at Veterans Affairs. They will advise you of the correct date for any reassessments. As you know policy changes from time to time and I am not sure if any changes came about with the new PFL in April of 2019.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here Empty Re: Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:37

Excellent info. I looked at these refs also and doesn't really address reassessments.

I am surprised that they will go back to the original appl date and not when they receive all medical reports etc similar to Step 3 under the NVC or the decision date. It is actually to our favor! Go figure! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:31

Yes, it is my understanding the calculation goes by the date of application. Check out Chapter 39 of the Pension Act below.

Here are some references:

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1459#anchor72008

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/P-6/page-7.html#docCont
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:20

So for a reassessment, it can't go back any further than the date of application for a reassessment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:17

It is my understanding if you received a 10% increase monthly resulting from a new application for a pensioned condition then will be back dated to the date of that application. (for example: lets say you submitted a new disability application for hearing loss on November 1, 2018. You were notified on February 1, 2020 that you were successful and are given 10% for hearing loss. The 10% will now be added to your monthly disability amount going forward. As well, the financial calculation of adding an additional 10% would go back to the date of Nov 1, 2018 and you will be owed monies.

This is the same for a reassessment of an existing pensioned condition. It would go back to the date of your request for a reassessment.

Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here Empty Pension act prior to 2006 -A question for the seniors members here

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:02

Last week I got a 10% increase in a pension condition from 10% to 20%. So my monthly pension payment went up. Is this new monthly increase in payment backdated? If so what date do they use? Date of application or at step 3 etc?Thanks

Last edited by Chaud on Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down