Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference? - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference?

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 20:01

Unknown Soldier wrote:
Wildthing wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote: I understand that VAC discerns whether a veterans injury occurred on tour or not, but is there a difference, I.e. 2 vets submit knee claims, one vet was shot in the knee in Afghanistan, knee replaced, the other never left Canada but did 20 years in infantry knee gives out due to wear and tear. Both are awarded 19% disability, beyond that what else is relative, what does the special duty area have to do with anything?
had mine busted to fk on exercise after multiple surgeries the knee cap was removed but the other damage was  non repairable to the joint and muscle etc,
Pain the same, ive been shot and been in life and death situations multible times, i imagine the combat environment is alot more intense that's about it other then the combat veteran gets the golden ticket in medical insurance while traveling out of country!
Never served in combat myself and give the utmost respect for those who have👍
there you go, l wonder why VAC feels the need to identify that an injury happened in A Special Duty Area, especially if both vets are awarded the same %.?
Respect they earned it. I will give them that and more if i could, violent injures caused by enemy fire deserves the highest respect imo

Back to top Go down

VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference? - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:34

Wildthing wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote: I understand that VAC discerns whether a veterans injury occurred on tour or not, but is there a difference, I.e. 2 vets submit knee claims, one vet was shot in the knee in Afghanistan, knee replaced, the other never left Canada but did 20 years in infantry knee gives out due to wear and tear. Both are awarded 19% disability, beyond that what else is relative, what does the special duty area have to do with anything?
had mine busted to fk on exercise after multiple surgeries the knee cap was removed but the other damage was  non repairable to the joint and muscle etc,
Pain the same, ive been shot and been in life and death situations multible times, i imagine the combat environment is alot more intense that's about it other then the combat veteran gets the golden ticket in medical insurance while traveling out of country!
there you go, l wonder why VAC feels the need to identify that an injury happened in A Special Duty Area, especially if both vets are awarded the same %.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 18:55

Back to top Go down

VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference? - Page 2 Empty VAC disabilities Special Duty Area vs not , what’s the difference?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 14 Mar 2020, 17:12

I understand that VAC discerns whether a veterans injury occurred on tour or not, but is there a difference, I.e. 2 vets submit knee claims, one vet was shot in the knee in Afghanistan, knee replaced, the other never left Canada but did 20 years in infantry knee gives out due to wear and tear. Both are awarded 19% disability, beyond that what else is relative, what does the special duty area have to do with anything?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2