Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAF Member Arrested

Go down

CAF Member Arrested Empty Re: CAF Member Arrested

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 03 Jul 2020, 17:11

Riddick wrote:I don't know if we will ever know....but....I did read comments on another site.  Some were saying he was a "Ranger" others said an Inuit??? Not sure where they got this info.....if someone knew something that was not reported or misreported ...who knows....the comments and post has since been removed as I suspect it was because many got carried away trashing Trudeau.

I find it odd that someone would go to the extent and then the episode end without incident???  

One thing about the news/media....somethings make great headlines.....a few weeks go by and all is mostly forgotten as it is replaced by other news....fake....embellished or otherwise.  Look at the news about Trudeau giving $600.00 to those currently on DTC.  All kinds of reports to find ....but very few reports of it not making it though Parliament.  To know what is true.....or not is often hard to discern as there is more often than not, a reporters opinion/slant mixed in with the facts and that is how things get twisted and or taken out of context and when the truth does come out....it is hush, hush.

Riddick
well we know it was was a white guy from Manitoba, Corey hurren, owns a small meat selling business, his “ cry for help” could have been mental, could have been frustration over his business going under, could be because the Rangers, who are often hunters are about to lose a weapon under the new restricted, ban. He had 2 rifles but nothing happened, the RCMP talked him down after an hour and a half negotiation.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick Fri 03 Jul 2020, 12:06

I don't know if we will ever know....but....I did read comments on another site. Some were saying he was a "Ranger" others said an Inuit??? Not sure where they got this info.....if someone knew something that was not reported or misreported ...who knows....the comments and post has since been removed as I suspect it was because many got carried away trashing Trudeau.

I find it odd that someone would go to the extent and then the episode end without incident???

One thing about the news/media....somethings make great headlines.....a few weeks go by and all is mostly forgotten as it is replaced by other news....fake....embellished or otherwise. Look at the news about Trudeau giving $600.00 to those currently on DTC. All kinds of reports to find ....but very few reports of it not making it though Parliament. To know what is true.....or not is often hard to discern as there is more often than not, a reporters opinion/slant mixed in with the facts and that is how things get twisted and or taken out of context and when the truth does come out....it is hush, hush.

Riddick
Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 03 Jul 2020, 09:54

So what's the odds we learn "why" he did this?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3361
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Riddick likes this post

Back to top Go down

CAF Member Arrested Empty CAF Member Arrested

Post by Riddick Thu 02 Jul 2020, 18:42

YFI

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/police-opeation-rideau-hall-1.5634749

Canadian Armed Forces member arrested after gaining access to Rideau Hall grounds

Man was armed; prime minister, Governor General not present at the time
Kimberley Molina · CBC News · Posted: Jul 02, 2020 5:10 PM ET | Last Updated: 1 hour ago
A gate leading to the grounds at Rideau Hall appeared to be damaged. (Francis Ferland/CBC)

Police have arrested a Canadian Armed Forces member who they say was armed and had gained access to the grounds at Rideau Hall early Thursday morning.

The man "breached the main pedestrian entrance" at 1 Sussex Drive at around 6:30 a.m. ET with his vehicle, the RCMP said in a statement.

When the impact disabled his vehicle, the man headed to the Rideau Hall greenhouse, where he was "rapidly contained" by RCMP members on patrol, the force said. He was apprehended shortly before 8:30 a.m. without incident and taken into custody for questioning.

A source told CBC News the man had driven from Manitoba and had a long gun and a note with him. The source — who spoke on the condition they not be named because they were not authorized to discuss the case — did not know the details of the note nor what kind of long gun it was.

Both the RCMP and Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan's office confirmed that the man arrested is an active member of the Canadian military while CBC has learned from a defence source that he is a Canadian Ranger.

The Canadian Rangers are a component of the Canadian Army Reserve that serves in the country's remote and coastal regions, typically offering help with national security and public safety operations.

Rideau Hall is the Governor General's official residence, and the greenhouse is attached to the residence at the back. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his family also live on the property at Rideau Cottage, not far from the greenhouse.

The Prime Minister's Office confirmed that the prime minister and his family were not at Rideau Cottage Wednesday night or Thursday morning. RCMP said the Governor General wasn't present either.

In a statement to CBC, Gov. Gen. Julie Payette's office said she had been living on the grounds prior to the pandemic and that all staff were safe.

Police examine black pickup truck

One of the wrought-iron gates leading to the property is visibly damaged and debris could be seen on the ground earlier today.

A robot could be seen examining a black pickup truck — with what appeared to be Manitoba licence plates — just inside the gates at Rideau Hall. The truck's airbags also appeared to have been deployed.
A robot could be seen examining a black pickup truck on the grounds of Rideau Hall Thursday morning. (Francis Ferland/CBC)

The inside of the truck's cab appeared to be packed with boxes and other items.

The robot opened the door and removed several items from the truck, including an orange cooler and boxes.

WATCH | Police use a robot to investigate truck:
Police investigating after arresting man on grounds of Rideau Hall

8 hours ago 1:10

RCMP say they arrested an armed man on the grounds of Rideau Hall early Thursday morning. Neither the prime minister nor the Governor General were present at the time. 1:10

There were also officers inspecting the underside of the truck with mirrors, while others had dogs and were inspecting both the inside of the truck and its contents.

The RCMP said late Thursday afternoon that charges are pending against the man, whose name has not yet been released.

"Through our members' vigilance, quick action and successful de-escalation techniques, this highly volatile incident was resolved swiftly and peacefully. I am very proud of all our people and our partners who moved fast and acted decisively to contain this threat," RCMP deputy commissioner Mike Duheme said in a statement.

Peter Lewis lives near Rideau Hall and was cycling along the Vanier Parkway just before 7 a.m. ET when he saw "a stream" of RCMP vehicles heading toward downtown.

He then saw what he described as an armoured police vehicle.

"It's a little concerning," he said. "I hope everybody's all right."

The grounds at Rideau Hall, as well as the house itself, are normally major tourist attractions in the nation's capital, where people enjoy picnics on the grass or wander the gardens.

Both have been closed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Officers could be seen inspecting the black pickup truck and items removed from the truck, including an orange cooler, on Thursday. (Francis Ferland/CBC
Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum