Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to contact vac case manager

+2
johnny211
Lordporky
6 posters

Go down

Unable to contact vac case manager Empty CM

Post by Bumpsy Wed 23 Sep 2020, 03:39

You can demand a new CM.

My files started in 1998 and I have gone through CM after CM. I will not put up with their shit. I finally have got a good CM in 2015.

Bumpsy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-06-21

Back to top Go down

Unable to contact vac case manager Empty Update

Post by Lordporky Tue 22 Sep 2020, 21:37

Not much to add, my case manager still hasn’t contacted me BUT she did answer an email from my shrink. That tells me that she still works there and she sees her emails. I really don’t understand.

Lordporky
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Unable to contact vac case manager Empty Re: Unable to contact vac case manager

Post by Ppclicaper Fri 04 Sep 2020, 09:37

I have to say the same , my CM is pretty amazing . This year my claims and reviews have all come to an end Finally with the last favourable decision being recieved last week ( hearing /tinnitus) applied ( 05 December 2019) . I hate hearing stories of vets lost, forgotten and ignored in the process . My story started in 2005 , and 15 years later ..... finally receiving benefits I should have recieved at that time . I take responsibility for not educating myself and I also blame vac for not forwarding or reaching out to members with information. The wait times as everyone knows are pathetic. 3 years processing for benefits that should of been implemented 15 years ago .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Lordporky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Fri 04 Sep 2020, 07:16

I hope this goes well for you! I must say that my new CM I got last year is amazing! He even gave me his direct number and also his cell number due to the COVID-10 lock down. He as been very good to return my calls and even answer right away when I call. I for sure NEVER want to lose him!

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ppclicaper Thu 03 Sep 2020, 22:39

Contact local VAC office .. request to talk to the On-duty CM. While you talk to them in regards to your topic . Request a new CM. If you believe you are being avoided or flagged . Contact local MP . With documentation dates and times / time frame you tried to be in contact with VAC. Or if possible post on VAC FB page .

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 02 Sep 2020, 19:00

Lordporky wrote:She wont give out email or phone number, only wants to use myvac account. Ive been emailing her every week for 2 months through myvac and have not received a response. I know she still works there and is not on any kind of long term leave. Ironically, having a case manager has actually become a barrier to communicating with vac.
It’s ridiculous. Anyone else have these kinds of problems contacting case managers?
that amount of time is ridiculous,if she is there, but I have seen other veterans post of a similar situation, only to eventually find out months later that their CM had actually quit and the vets file was never assigned to anyone new and just sat there on a desk. If I were you l would post my question to your CM in every drop down window on that myvacaccount an state the amount of time you’ve been waiting for a response, that ought to get somebody’s attention. It’s not unusual for a Cm to not give a out direct phone lines, or email, but if they are deliberately avoiding you each branch/pool of CM’s has a superior try and get hold of them,
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 02 Sep 2020, 15:57

Call the 1-866-522-2122, ask the person to be put Thru too yr Case mgr. If they do not answer, ask to be put thru to the On Duty CM. If still no go ask to speak to a VSA, Vet Service Agent who works in yr area office. The VSA will be able to help, and pass yr msg on. Hope this helps. VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Unable to contact vac case manager Empty Unable to contact vac case manager

Post by Lordporky Wed 02 Sep 2020, 14:53

She wont give out email or phone number, only wants to use myvac account. Ive been emailing her every week for 2 months through myvac and have not received a response. I know she still works there and is not on any kind of long term leave. Ironically, having a case manager has actually become a barrier to communicating with vac.
It’s ridiculous. Anyone else have these kinds of problems contacting case managers?

Lordporky
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down