Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRB

2 posters

Go down

IRB Empty Re: IRB

Post by AirLog Fri 22 Jan 2021, 09:47

Good morning Gunner8, I can only say from my experience on IRB, and other VAC benefits, that I receive the annual cost of living increase. So you can always expect this increase in IRB each January. As for the 1% increase annually for 20 years I am not familiar with this policy as it didn't apply to me. But, for your original question of IRB increase, the cost of living will be there every January.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Gunner8 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 21 Jan 2021, 23:15

Hi Airlog, my IRB has been indexed annually as well. But however I read this on the VAC site. “ for veterans who have a DEC, their salary at the time of release will also be increased by 1% every year until the veteran reaches what would of been 20 years of service, or the age of 60”. I’m just curious because I’m almost 37 and when I turn 38 I would of had 20 years of service. So I’m just curious does that mean my salary will stay as is then for however long I am on IRB, which could be permanently as I am DEC. thanks

Gunner

quote="AirLog"]Hi Gunner8,

I am IRB, DEC, etc and I am over 60. My IRB is indexed annually. January 01, 2021 my IRB increased by 1% (federal cost of living increase). All other VAC benefits that I receive (CGRB, APSC, etc) were also increased by 1% as was my pension and CPPD.

AirLog[/quote]

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Thu 21 Jan 2021, 21:33

Hi Gunner8,

I am IRB, DEC, etc and I am over 60. My IRB is indexed annually. January 01, 2021 my IRB increased by 1% (federal cost of living increase). All other VAC benefits that I receive (CGRB, APSC, etc) were also increased by 1% as was my pension and CPPD.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Gunner8 likes this post

Back to top Go down

IRB Empty IRB

Post by Gunner8 Thu 21 Jan 2021, 19:02

I’m on IRB and DEC. Each year my salary is indexed for inflation. But will that only last up until I would have had 20 years of service?
Why wouldn’t they continue to index the amount after?

Thanks
Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: