Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retired Military members spouse looking for help

3 posters

Go down

Retired Military members spouse looking for help Empty Re: Retired Military members spouse looking for help

Post by Kramer Thu 28 Jan 2021, 17:01

I am not well versed with the Legion and what they might be able to do/offer in terms of advocating on behalf of a Widow?

Does anyone know if the Legion would be a good resource for Oliv617? There is/was a Legion close to many cities/town, so it's approximately might be handy/convenient?

Additionally, there is also some info under "Miscellaneous II." I believe the information is around 2017.....perhaps somethings could use to be updated now that the PFL has come into effect as of Apr., 2019?

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Retired Military members spouse looking for help Empty Re: Retired Military members spouse looking for help

Post by AirLog Wed 27 Jan 2021, 12:42

Oliv617,

My condolences. I am not going to even imagine the pain and loss that you must be going thru. As Chaud has said, get in contact with the people that he/she has identified in his/her post. There are people out there that will reach out to you. All the best Oliv617.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Oliv617 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2021, 18:40

This doesn't make sense at all. Call your member of Parliament. Call VAC ombudsman. Contact the media and tell your story. So so sorry for you!
Med released for these conditions and VAC did nothing?
Start here: +1 866-522-2122
Veterans Affairs Canada, phone
Walter "Walt"is a Canadian public servant as Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs
Call Erin O'Toole offices leader of conservatives
The media is your best choice if you do not get support.
Good luck

Back to top Go down

Retired Military members spouse looking for help Empty Retired Military members spouse looking for help

Post by Oliv617 Tue 26 Jan 2021, 17:02

HI,

I am using my Husbands account to make this post.

My hubby suffered from PTSD, Bi Polar, Anxiety and Depression.He was medically released in 2007 for these conditions. We have gotten denial after denial for his conditions.

Tragically on Sunday January 10,2021 he took his life.

The last 2 weeks have been unreal for us. He leaves behind 7 kids (ages 29-10 years old) me his wife of 21 years and a 1.5 year old granddaughter

Has anyone successfully received a claim after the passing of someone?

It's not about the money for me, it's about my husband finally getting what he shoud have gotten many years ago

Oliv617
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down