Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's Nishika?

4 posters

Go down

Where's Nishika? Empty Re: Where's Nishika?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 03 Apr 2021, 14:00

Teentitan wrote:
Riddick wrote: Perhaps the OVO is like that of VAC....the Department runs itself and the ombudsman is just a symbolic figure head??  
Riddick

I can't say yes or no on that Riddick.  Yes the department was set up that each employee knew their job.  I have been to both OVO offices (PEI, Ottawa) and never had a meeting without someone knocking on the door looking for advice and vice-versa.  So operating without an Ombudsman is no problem to this office staff.

On the other hand I can't agree with you because without a strong social media, tv/radio/print profile it's looked at as a rogue office.  You know how can an office be so efficient without an established figure head?   It makes the rest of the government offices look inept at their job and they will change it.  As we all know government work efficiency is timed with calendars not pride!

I see a lot of advocates fighting to get their group as much help as possible by stepping up and pushing to help their group.  Who is doing that for veterans right now?  Wouldn't it have been helpful to have an Ombudsman in the media point out how many veterans are vulnerable right now to Covid and they should be a priority for the vaccination.  What about VIP services?  Can I turn to the OVO for help in finding a certified cleaner to help me feel safe having my house cleaned?  Someone to help veterans shop for groceries?  

Something to think about....how did you feel when you found out Legions were getting financial aid so they could pay their bills?  Not ONE newspaper article, tv interview, radio interview with a Legion rep was this simple question asked...."How are veterans doing during this pandemic?"  It was only hand wringing that their precious social drinking club was on the verge of bankruptcy.  Sure would have been nice to have a Veterans Ombudsman remind the public that veterans are suffering too.

l agree with the Legions having their hand out, “ if we don’t get bailed out we will be forced to close forever”, boo hoo, there are very few Legions run by actual veterans anyway, and what the Legions do for veterans in this day and age is F all.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Apr 2021, 11:33

Riddick wrote: Perhaps the OVO is like that of VAC....the Department runs itself and the ombudsman is just a symbolic figure head??  
Riddick

I can't say yes or no on that Riddick. Yes the department was set up that each employee knew their job. I have been to both OVO offices (PEI, Ottawa) and never had a meeting without someone knocking on the door looking for advice and vice-versa. So operating without an Ombudsman is no problem to this office staff.

On the other hand I can't agree with you because without a strong social media, tv/radio/print profile it's looked at as a rogue office. You know how can an office be so efficient without an established figure head? It makes the rest of the government offices look inept at their job and they will change it. As we all know government work efficiency is timed with calendars not pride!

I see a lot of advocates fighting to get their group as much help as possible by stepping up and pushing to help their group. Who is doing that for veterans right now? Wouldn't it have been helpful to have an Ombudsman in the media point out how many veterans are vulnerable right now to Covid and they should be a priority for the vaccination. What about VIP services? Can I turn to the OVO for help in finding a certified cleaner to help me feel safe having my house cleaned? Someone to help veterans shop for groceries?

Something to think about....how did you feel when you found out Legions were getting financial aid so they could pay their bills? Not ONE newspaper article, tv interview, radio interview with a Legion rep was this simple question asked...."How are veterans doing during this pandemic?" It was only hand wringing that their precious social drinking club was on the verge of bankruptcy. Sure would have been nice to have a Veterans Ombudsman remind the public that veterans are suffering too.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 02 Apr 2021, 14:07

I agree Teen....the world is in a mess....Canada is in a mess between global warming, the pandemic, political brush fires everywhere and of course....the latest upheaval with our military.

I have not heard of Sage either???.....I have heard of the NAFR but that is the extent of it. Perhaps the OVO is like that of VAC....the Department runs itself and the ombudsman is just a symbolic figure head?? Why post on a magazine few have heard of? At least if one posts there (Sage), they should post as many places as they can for one's voice to be of any value and or heard!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 02 Apr 2021, 11:04

Well ask and ye' shall receive...thanks everyone.

Unknown Soldier thanks for the link. It seems that happened when she was the CO of CFSEME. From the video it seemed Nishika was a victim of sexual harassment by the MWO. Maybe she has decided to remain quiet it is her choice. This is definitely a hot topic to talk about right now so yeah maybe she does want to stay low and out of sight on this.

Loader thanks for the link, I have never heard about this magazine for federal retiree's. I read it and got the impression that she wants to be the "voice" for Indigenous, LGBTQ and women but does not believe the Ombudsman should be independent and report only to Parliament. By making this statement in my opinion she would not be the "voice" she wants to be. She will be the "silent whisper" in the ranks of Veterans Affairs that is always ignored.

I'm glad there is a response from forum members on this topic. Right now the world is basically FUBAR. The veteran community needs a strong Ombudsman who is not going to be afraid to help us and right now I don't feel we are being represented and are going to be the forgotten government department.

Please reach out and spread the word. Eventually Nishika will hopefully respond.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loader Fri 02 Apr 2021, 10:08

Other than this article in Sage magazine https://www.federalretirees.ca/en/news-views/publications/sage-magazine I haven't seen anything.
Loader
Loader
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 01 Apr 2021, 22:22

Riddick wrote:Unknown Soldier wrote "l don’t want to speculate, but recently l saw a sexual harassment testimony on fb, and the victim brought up the ombudsman’s name as either being sexually harassed as well, or witness to the sexual harassment, either way if the story is true, perhaps we may be looking at another official stepping away from the lime light?

Which Ombudsman......military or veterans?  It made me feel good when the new military ombudsman backed the former ombudsman, Gary Walbourne...... and two-faced Sajjan got caught.......but he is still there......wonder if he begged or did a reach-around?

Our soldiers need better!

Riddick[/quote]
https://www.facebook.com/680855586/posts/10164799611380587/
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 01 Apr 2021, 21:33

Unknown Soldier wrote "l don’t want to speculate, but recently l saw a sexual harassment testimony on fb, and the victim brought up the ombudsman’s name as either being sexually harassed as well, or witness to the sexual harassment, either way if the story is true, perhaps we may be looking at another official stepping away from the lime light?[/quote]

Which Ombudsman......military or veterans?  It made me feel good when the new military ombudsman backed the former ombudsman, Gary Walbourne...... and two-faced Sajjan got caught.......but he is still there......wonder if he begged or did a reach-around?

Our soldiers need better!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 01 Apr 2021, 21:26

You are not wrong Teen....but I am writing anyways lol

WE NEED A PRIME MINISTER WITH A BACKBONE;
WE NEED AN OMBUDSMAN WITH A BACKBONE;
WE NEED A MND WHO DOESN'T LIE OR KISS AS*; AND
WE NEED A MVA TO START LOOKING AFTER LIVING VETS!

My take on things....is it all comes from the top. Human nature is to CYA and they all do it. Trudeau couldn't be honest and or transparent if his life depended on it. The Ombudsman is only good for recommending and tries not to make waves. H. Sajjan (aka the "Architect") is a limp-wristed liar like Trudeau and needs to be fired. Look at all the statements from the MVA.....the vast majority are what they are doing for memorials/deceased. He told Cathay Wagantall that the "Department runs the Department." What a dufuss......can we not get people who are in charge to do what they are suppose to without having to resort to dancing around every question, lying, breaking promises or touching or saying things of a sexual nature to women/men. The only one who knows what he is doing is Walt....man that guy is an ace at flying under the radar ....he makes sure eveyone around him is the fall-guy.........now if he would put as much energy into doing the right things...things to help the vets....that would be great.

We have nothing but losers running the country. How many contracts between helicopters, ships, fighters got snuffed, delayed etc because the people doing the procurement/contracts have no clue....so.....the contractors make millions and millions (of tax payers money) and don't have to build anything and the military gets to continue to use the old decrepit equipment ....freebees duh....oh the army is getting some new pistols....wow......

Trudeau, Sajjan, MacAulay don't like soldiers/vets...they are all two-faced just biding their time till pension. With all this fallout of sexual accusations .....not one person has been fired or held accountable and this has been going on with the main actors (Vance) since 2015 that I am aware of.

The recruitment is way down the numbers are at the lowest....and they are using the military to be doctors nurses and assistants to get control of the virus. Soooo now our security is compromised more than ever.......we have many soldiers sick with the virus on top of our already stretched military......they have no clue.....they even put an officer in charge of vaccines......wow.......no one on the Hill wants to get their hands dirty or confront the people who need the boot.

Sooooo I see the VO as a politician......not wanting to make waves or do what needs to be done. Dalton walked away.....he should have spoken up.....but nooooo.....he had to be politically correct and diplomatic....because he had another job lined up and didn't want to make waves either.

We are complacent .....most don't say sh*t if theirs mouths are full of it..... I am guilty of that....but I am only responsible for making sure the remote has batteries......but when they are bad and useless....I am not afraid to get rid of them!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 01 Apr 2021, 21:25

Teentitan wrote:So there is a new Ombudsman/person since Nov. 11/2020.  It is now April 1/2021 and other then one news article and one testimony before the Standing Committee has ANYONE heard her on a talk radio interview?  I'm on twitter and facebook and all I've seen is automated topics.  She hasn't even penned a "Hi I'm the Ombudsman/person" blog on the OVO website!

If anyone reading this knows Nishika Jardine tell her that if she does not have the courtesy to use her social media platforms to reach out to the veterans she serves with a personal message then tell her to step down...NOW!

Right now the military is on fire.  Veterans are filing class action lawsuits like a Pez dispenser.  The Lionel Desmond inquiry is ongoing without a representative from the OVO at the inquiry to ask questions for health professionals, police, and family where is the system failing?  The Military Ombudsman is quietly pointing out the position should report to Parliament not the Minister of National Defence I would like to know if she agrees and that her office should report to Parliament as well.

I really hope I am wrong and she has been active on social media.  If I am wrong let me know in this thread.  If I'm not wrong I would like to read opinions about this.
l don’t want to speculate, but recently l saw a sexual harassment testimony on fb, and the victim brought up the ombudsman’s name as either being sexually harassed as well, or witness to the sexual harassment, either way if the story is true, perhaps we may be looking at another official stepping away from the lime light?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Where's Nishika? Empty Where's Nishika?

Post by Teentitan Thu 01 Apr 2021, 17:08

So there is a new Ombudsman/person since Nov. 11/2020. It is now April 1/2021 and other then one news article and one testimony before the Standing Committee has ANYONE heard her on a talk radio interview? I'm on twitter and facebook and all I've seen is automated topics. She hasn't even penned a "Hi I'm the Ombudsman/person" blog on the OVO website!

If anyone reading this knows Nishika Jardine tell her that if she does not have the courtesy to use her social media platforms to reach out to the veterans she serves with a personal message then tell her to step down...NOW!

Right now the military is on fire. Veterans are filing class action lawsuits like a Pez dispenser. The Lionel Desmond inquiry is ongoing without a representative from the OVO at the inquiry to ask questions for health professionals, police, and family where is the system failing? The Military Ombudsman is quietly pointing out the position should report to Parliament not the Minister of National Defence I would like to know if she agrees and that her office should report to Parliament as well.

I really hope I am wrong and she has been active on social media. If I am wrong let me know in this thread. If I'm not wrong I would like to read opinions about this.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down