Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desmond inquiry VAC responds...

+2
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Desmond inquiry VAC responds... Empty Re: Desmond inquiry VAC responds...

Post by Bez Sun 21 Nov 2021, 10:01

Always remember the new Vets Affairs internal system is intentionally designed to prevent you from succeeding.
The last person I talked with on the phone was female, had a middle east accent so strong I could not understand her and she was entirely uninterested.

Bez
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-11-21

Unknown Soldier likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 25 Apr 2021, 21:35

CentaurMajoris wrote:
Newf wrote:Dealing with VAC can be mentally exhausting.   What I find helps for me is contacting them through email on my vac account.  This way I avoid the telephone so I do not hear the tone or attitude of a VAC workers voice which always affects my mood.  

Here is a contact list of telephone numbers at the link below

https://veteransconnect.ca/i-need-help/national-local-help-lines/

Thank you so much for responding and providing that link, I truly appreciate it.
do you have a mental health care provider in the community? If you are on the Rehabilitation program for PTSD , VAC should be sending you to an Operational Stress injury Clinic etc,
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 25 Apr 2021, 16:01

CentaurMajoris wrote:
Newf wrote:Dealing with VAC can be mentally exhausting.   What I find helps for me is contacting them through email on my vac account.  This way I avoid the telephone so I do not hear the tone or attitude of a VAC workers voice which always affects my mood.  

Thank you so much for responding and providing that link, I truly appreciate it.

CentaurMajoris..........contacting VAC through the My VAC Account is a wise choice, as it not only provides a paper-trail which will help eliminate the.....he said she said scenario. It is also great if you need to refer to things again......memory is often the first to go.

Please be advised I am going to attempt to relocate this post to "Veterans Help" Category

Cheers,

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sun 25 Apr 2021, 15:26

You are very welcome. As well, please keep in mind that you can  reach out to others on this site if you need information with regards to the rehab program.  There are a lot of wonderful and helpful people that can provide guidance.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CentaurMajoris Sun 25 Apr 2021, 15:14

CentaurMajoris
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2021-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sun 25 Apr 2021, 15:11

Dealing with VAC can be mentally exhausting.   What I find helps for me is contacting them through email on my vac account.  This way I avoid the telephone so I do not hear the tone or attitude of a VAC workers voice which always affects my mood.  

Last edited by Newf on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 15:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Kramer and Figowa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CentaurMajoris Sun 25 Apr 2021, 14:58

Last edited by CentaurMajoris on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 22:54; edited 1 time in total

CentaurMajoris
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 24 Apr 2021, 22:23

Teentitan wrote:Like all things involving veterans it's a cost issue and there never ending attempt to limit the cost for better mental health for veterans.

VAC uses a very effective tool to either deflect the topic or protect themselves from a topic out of control...Privacy.  You know the phrase..."We cannot discuss this situation out of respect for the member privacy".  

Other then for days they had to testify was there a representative from VAC present during the inquiry to take notes to improve communication from VAC to mental health professionals?  PTSD treatment is an recurring problem was the health investigator from the Veteran Ombudsman present to talk to the health caretakers on how to improve communication practices when it comes to a veteran with PTSD?

Even in a provincial inquiry VAC found a way to limit what Desmond's CM could say by invoking their "client privacy" policy.

Until VAC's "client privacy" is figured out this is going to be a wash - rinse - repeat Provincial Inquiry involving veterans.
l just watched the latest parliament meeting concerning vac and it’s like a hamster wheel, the gov keeps throwing millions at mental health. But it does nothing, as one psychologist pointed out “ if you want soldiers to get mentally better, quit calling them liars and rejecting their claims, that’s one of the main reasons so many are still sick”
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sat 24 Apr 2021, 21:46

You're so right Teen! They are aces at double-talk, deflection, miss-truths and just failing to answers a gall darn question with a simple yes or no.

Mercedes Stephenson from The West Block, recently interviewed (not related to the "Architect") Harjit Sajjan and asked him the same question twice because, although he provided an answer, it wasn't the answer to the question.......so then she says....."I will take that as a no." I was so impressed with her, I fell in love Shocked

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 24 Apr 2021, 15:00

Like all things involving veterans it's a cost issue and there never ending attempt to limit the cost for better mental health for veterans.

VAC uses a very effective tool to either deflect the topic or protect themselves from a topic out of control...Privacy. You know the phrase..."We cannot discuss this situation out of respect for the member privacy".

Other then for days they had to testify was there a representative from VAC present during the inquiry to take notes to improve communication from VAC to mental health professionals? PTSD treatment is an recurring problem was the health investigator from the Veteran Ombudsman present to talk to the health caretakers on how to improve communication practices when it comes to a veteran with PTSD?

Even in a provincial inquiry VAC found a way to limit what Desmond's CM could say by invoking their "client privacy" policy.

Until VAC's "client privacy" is figured out this is going to be a wash - rinse - repeat Provincial Inquiry involving veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sat 24 Apr 2021, 14:33

This poor guy/family was passed off by many people and offices at all levels, each one (some legit) making excuses why they couldn't have done more! Sounds familiar with the Vance fiasco where everyone from the top down is passing the blame/buck (but it this case, everyone is afraid to do the right thing)

I suspect there are a lot of good people within VAC, but like the odd veteran, there are some bad apples and ignorant people who couldn't care less. They get burnt out like everyone and they apparently have their own internal issues. Everyone I had to deal with at VAC have all been professional and courteous. This does not mean all the decisions came easy! Like many organizations the tone is set from the top. Look who is at the top and there is our answer. The upper echelon are more concerned about erecting monuments and honoring those who have passed (which is admirable) but helping those who are alive and need assistance now is the top priority but they keep missing the mark....intentionally. They don't want to help veterans or soldiers but they figure the more bread crumbs they spread around will make it look like a smorgasbord.

I have no idea want the answer is, perhaps everyone should be assigned a CM for life?....then there would be a starting point for accountability! Regardless, it is sad whenever a veteran/soldier gets shoved in the many cracks. By VAC keeping quiet solves nothing, we veterans who have to deal with VAC know what the politics and bureaucracy is like and we know who is responsible. Recently I heard Cathay Wagantall asking the MVA who runs the dept and his answer was "the department runs the department" lmao. The GoC/VAC all know about the many issues from the medical issues with Mefloquine to unfair decisions, VRAB.....well the list goes on. They all play dumb; Walt continues to fly under the radar, Trudeau keeps lying, pretending.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 24 Apr 2021, 10:21

CentaurMajoris wrote:Beginning to wonder if most of the VAC employees celebrate every time one of us kills ourselves and or others considering they do whatever they can to slip a political insult in when they call.
l dont know if the celebrate but the VAC hierarchy could care less how many veterans they drive over the edge.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CentaurMajoris Sat 24 Apr 2021, 01:40

Last edited by CentaurMajoris on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 22:55; edited 1 time in total

CentaurMajoris
CSAT Member

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 20 Apr 2021, 20:40

Teentitan wrote:Anyone else find this really odd?

Let's see Desmond's VAC Case Manager is about to testify at the inquiry.  So as VAC just established the "Privacy" clause will be the reason the CM will say NOTHING and is allowed to say NOTHING.

watch the recorded broadcast, unless it was edited out, I watched live, and the judge explained what's going on at the end of the day,and blasted the legal representatives for running to the media with the story without having all the facts...maybe that was only in the live version?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Apr 2021, 17:32

Anyone else find this really odd?

Let's see Desmond's VAC Case Manager is about to testify at the inquiry. So as VAC just established the "Privacy" clause will be the reason the CM will say NOTHING and is allowed to say NOTHING.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next