Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AA

4 posters

Go down

AA Empty Re: AA

Post by johnny211 Sat 19 Jun 2021, 17:41

The nurse home visit is quite a process. I did my for AA 3 yrs ago. It was at least 10 pages of ?, and doing certain exercises, in out of bed, tub, up/ stairs. I did get approved for both physical and mental issues.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 19 Jun 2021, 10:45

It’s like every other Policy that VAC releases. It’s written in such a way that it will cause veterans to not even challenge it, feeling it is an impossible uphill battle. But rules were made to be broken, its every vets duty to fight these unjust regulations. They can be beaten but you have to do your homework. The more veterans who win and post their success stories, the more veterans will come forward to try the same as they see it is not futile.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 18 Jun 2021, 13:05

More Veterans must challenge this for there to be change to the table of disabilities.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 18 Jun 2021, 13:04

Thank you. The Bureau of Pensions Advocate lawyer argued that each physical criteria has a psychological equivalent such as bathing. Physically I have legs to walk to the shower to bath and psychologically I can not get out of bed due to severe and prolong mental illness. Veterans Affairs stated that the table of criteria does accommodate psychological conditions for the Attendance Allowance and therefore is not discrimatory yet there is no mention of inability to do any of the criteria due to mental health limitations and only physical assistance to perform the daily requirements of life.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 18 Jun 2021, 12:09

Good for you Firebird.

What do you think will come of this?

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

AA Empty AA

Post by 1993firebird Fri 18 Jun 2021, 08:36

A topic of Attendance Allowance not accommodating mental health was mentioned here. I went through the process of getting AA for my mental health condition right to the second level of Appeal and was granted. I argued that the criteria for the benefit only accommodates physical conditions and therefore is discrimatory.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum