Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does taking cpp affect elb

2 posters

Go down

does taking cpp affect elb Empty Re: does taking cpp affect elb

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 17 Dec 2021, 22:30

NavAir7899 wrote:I am eligible for CPP but am hesitant to apply because I receive ELB and not sure it is better to take CPP or not. I have been told that if you take CPP while receiveing ELB that the amt you receive from CPP or OAS will be taken dollar for dollar from ELB. SO what difference would it make to receive the CPP or OAS benefits.
l took CPPD because being on ELB/IRB Vac can take it away from you if they feel you are not fulfilling your rehabilitation requirements (rehab) or whyever you are on ELB/IRB in the first place as that months payment dies not become permanent until you or if you are ever declared to have a Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC), sort of a safety net, because if for some reason you lose/lost your ELB/IRB and you qualified for CPPD you would be starting the process from scratch and there might be who knows 6 months with a fair chunk of money no longer coming into your household til CPPD is approved. If later found to have a DEC, yes the CPPD is deducted, but it’s not like you lose any money it just now comes into the home from 2 different sources. * add to that CPPD gives you a little money for each child you may have under 18 until they turn 18, and l don’t think that money is deducted from VAC payments as it has nothing to do with you directly. But once declared DEC, yes, l have no intention of touching OAS because it will also be deducted from VAC, l think it would just be a hassle. And the longer you wait to take it, if you’re getting by ok, it becomes worth more anyway if you wait til 60,65,70,75 or whatever
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

does taking cpp affect elb Empty does taking cpp affect elb

Post by NavAir7899 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:24

I am eligible for CPP but am hesitant to apply because I receive ELB and not sure it is better to take CPP or not. I have been told that if you take CPP while receiveing ELB that the amt you receive from CPP or OAS will be taken dollar for dollar from ELB. SO what difference would it make to receive the CPP or OAS benefits.

NavAir7899
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-27

Back to top Go down