Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling

Go down

THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling Empty Re: THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2009, 14:16

CJ you touched a nerve Rob Short was my Son's section Commander, and I have met Robert in Gagetown(back in the day) and at my son's infantry grad in meaford 2002. The passing of Cpl Striling is tragic at best. All I can say to Cpl Striling is "Stand Down" I'll have to call Ian at pet he probly heard by now. that's 16 of his friends now gone, These kids are are better man than I, I'm mighty proud of them and God bless them. May the fallen ethier there or here be welcomed into the Kingdom Of heaven. I lost my Daughter and the pain is so bad it still hurts after 18 years. I pray for all Mothers Fathers, Wives sons and daugthers who lost a loved one in service of our Nation.
Skater out.

Back to top Go down

THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling Empty THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2009, 02:21

THE PASSING OF Cpl T..J. Stirling

T.J. HAS FOUND PEACE

By Billy Willbond

Suicide is a touchy and unspoken of subject, that’s a fact.

Why would anyone dare to write a poem about that?

Soldiers who suffer from P.T.S.D. yes they long to be free.

Saying my buddies they were killed. Why wasn’t it me?

Some hide their pain inside and on their MC’s they ride.

They raise monies for AIDS ORPHANS and ICROSS.

Through the wonderful work of each CAV Chapter Boss.

But, in 2003, in Afghanistan, young T.J. suffered a loss.

Cpl Beringfinger and Sgt Short in the Iltis they died.

T.J. was wounded, but by a miracle he had survived.

He carried his pain hidden deep in his heart.

It was too much to carry he just had to depart.

Let us join with his comrades and have good words to say.

About TJ and his family and his friends, as we pray.

Let us hope that other soldiers that suffer this way.

Are saved by the OSI system, at the end of the day.

R.I.P. T.J.- billy- Canadian Soldier Poet http://iwvpa.net/willbondwha

2111 hrs Friday 21 August 2009 Saanichton BC

OSI – Operational Stress Injuries

William Willbond, MSM, CD

National President and CEO ICROSS CANADA

The International Community for the Relief of Starvation and Suffering Canada

PO Box 3, Saanichton BC V8M 2C3 Canada

Tel 250-652-4137 Email icross@icross.ca

Web sites www.icross.ca http://icross-canada.com

Motto: The needy will not be forgotten nor the hopes of the afflicted perish from the earth (Psalms 9-19)

Hi All,

I’m very sorry to hear of TJ’s passing, and offer my sincere condolences to his family, friends and comrades in the Falcons MC.

This tragic incident is a reminder that many struggle with mental heath issues, but often do so silently, so they fail to receive help with their difficulties. Mental health issues are, in fact, common in the general population and, due to the greater exposure to stressors, even more so in military members. Therefore, there should be no more shame attached to suffering from mental illness than from any other illness. Sufferers should not feel that their illness must be hidden, but rather understand that they can find support from the various veteran’s organizations or even through other civilian organizations. As president of the CAV unit in Calgary, I would like to remind all members that everyone should always feel free to call on any one of us or seek help from sources such as the Distress Line. In Calgary and area you can reach the Distress line at 403-266-1605, which includes a moile response team for urgent concerns, or you can contact Access Mental Health at 403-943-1500 for long and short term help with various concerns. Access Mental Health accepts referrals both directly from the person involved or their family doctor. It is only through education and the continued diligence of friends, family, and organization members that we can get the message out and help others who are in need.

For anyone who would like to show their respects, funeral arrangements are as follows:

The viewing is today, Friday, August 21, 2009 between 1800 and 2000 at the Chapel of Bells, MacInnis and Holloway Funeral Centre, 2720 Centre Street North.

The service will be tomorrow, Saturday, August 22, 2009, beginning at 1030, with procession to the cemetery to follow.

A memorial gathering will follow at the Legion at 606 38th Avenue NE. Please confirm details for the gathering with Brent (Chuter) Marchessault.

Sincerely

Klaus Rimke (Kaiser)

President Ypres

3rd CAV (Calgary)

Email 3CAVYpres@thecav.ca

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum