Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Sisip and DVA sharing info?

2 posters

Go down

Is Sisip and DVA sharing info? Empty Re: Is Sisip and DVA sharing info?

Post by peep Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:36

I do not want to state policy, since I am on the receiving end and not in the administration, but you do need to talk to your CM.
I was told by VAC that SISIP is the first payer on everything except the VAC pension itself. That is why they cut me off and killed my ELB. Also I left the country for a few months in family care while my wife had treatments. Beware, if you leave the country for even 2 months, they cut off your ELB. You have to reapply from the start. They have not restarted my ELB yet.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 12:27

hi peep, i am also at 92% (maybe more pending the adjudication on other claims).

It has been more than a few years waiting on the adjudication process to qualify for eia (98% or higher) versus the pia.

I have been told by VAC that i do not qualify for PIA as I was not ever given the paperwork on being declared TPI. This still is to be sorted out in the coming months.

What was the reason they gave for not giving you PIA if you 'were' on sisip ltd, they are unrelated programs?

Also vac did not have me down as being on the sisip ltd zero sum group.

Now that I am in the process of being fully reinstated (in the settlement) I am unsure from your comments if I continue to qualify for PIA, and should revert to waiting for the eia threshold to be met.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:28

If they shared medical, then why has SISIP closed my file because they claim I have no injuries, yet I am VAC 92% first look, CCP (D) and was ELB. I am now PIA also.

SISIP says their has never been any medical paperwork on me and I am not deemed disabled. They closed my file and refuse to read any medical reports I have sent them or the Doctors have sent them.

Additionally my CM would not give me PIA till I had to prove her I was not receiving SISIP LTD. She believed I was. Shocked
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 09:48

Weather it is medical or financial we gave them the right to share info. Otherwise they would have another law suit.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 30 Nov 2012, 07:53

The only info they share is to cut you off. Ie....if one pays then the other will not.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 00:48

I believe they are sharing financial information only at this point, all medical decisions are done by sisip using their information, I was told

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 16:52

I hope that sisip is getting information from dva because it would be clear cut for my case but I was told by sisip that they are not relying or retrieving info from another other parties. Furthermore, that sisip has their own qualifications to determine if I will be approved. Anyone else been told this by sisip. I still have had no news either way...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 13:49

So right , Robbie, if you get sisip ltd now you are booted off EELB , I know , I was this week

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 13:12

to note : if you make to much to be awarded a monthly allowance you are listed in your VAC work sheet as ELB/EELB (expiry date 2033 example) $0.
Looks like file sharing to me, or we have some very clairvoyant adjusters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 13:01

Are SISIP and VAC sharing your files, yes and I have proof? If you all recall navrat stated that even though he qualified for EELB he was taken off and no longer entitled to ELB from VAC due to SISIP paying a monthly “Top Up” which is part of the LTD monies received since October of 2012. If a zero sum Class Action Member received a letter from VAC stating your ELB claw back has ceased and you participated in the VocRehab Program and qualified for ELB or EELB till aged 65 you will not receive any payment from VAC other than the Taxable Retirement Package you will receive at aged 65 (2% per year thing) if you applied. You can not receive this “Top Up” from both SISIP or VAC, only one can pay, how ever should you not get LTD from SISIP then reapply to VAC for the ELB. So how did SISIP know that I qualify for EIA and how could they calculate to the dollar what I received from CFP and VAC. Boy when you calculate these numbers I find it ironic how close my gross monthly LTD is bang on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:26

Remember a couple of months ago, Sisip was telling anyone who phone nothing but BS, then Peter wanted to know what was said, because sisip was saying things about the law firm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:14

That is what is so frustrating. One person at sisip says no sharing of info and yet info on the contrary. I hope they do share info but why not be honest with us now about it. Why the secretacy?They want to baffle us with Bull**it hoping we go away quietly....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 22:10

Also there was a court order a couple of months ago allowing them to share information

Back to top Go down

Is Sisip and DVA sharing info? Empty Is Sisip and DVA sharing info?

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 21:54

I hope so but according to sisip yesterday, they say they are not interested in what dva info we have when making a determination on whether I am tpi or not. This seems unrealistic for several reasons. Did we not sign a permission over to sisip to access our info from any gov or dva dept? Why would I be told they are not contacting dva?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum