Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How we are losing?

3 posters

Go down

How we are losing? Empty Re: How we are losing?

Post by expara Wed 05 Dec 2012, 15:05

Thanks for those words RR and to you georges. Yes it was pretty shameful to be receiving the medal after the fact. When I was heavy into my addiction, I actually went and pawned the medal with one other because that is what I felt about that whole fiasco. Anyways, Have a Good One!
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 11:51

expara, I alsow served in somalia, true it was a f--king mess all the way, Did you read the somalia Inquirery? It's five books big, had to by stopped and re-started ect.... And yes we got our somalie medals in a back inclosuer will in Haiti, as if it was somthing shamfull!!!!! That will always wieght heavy on my hart, will never forget the disgrase of that mission and all that followed. But there is one thing we must never forget as individuels is that we all know we did our jobs and did it right!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:21

Hey expara, I want to ask you to stop calling yourself expara, because jumper you can never be an exjumper once you served with the elite you drop the ex and become just para, so please my jumper buddy feel alive and grab a hold of your risers and post. This is OUR MESS no rank, no favors, no judgement anything you say here is your right. If you step on toes (and I have done that right bouys) then someone might disagree or hell jump on your band wagon. You have contributed to society far more than you will ever know and as stressful as this whole damn thing is and will be your time here will almost always be critical in the adjudicating process required to see a harmonious but acceptable end to this Class Action, and I ask everyone to never forget why we are here, it is not for Dennis, RobbieRoyal, Navrat, Para(ex), Rusty Razor, ProPat or the guys at the Hamilton Legion but for EVERY VETERAN WHO SERVED this COUNTRY PERIOD. if you walked a klick in a combat boot then you have the same rights as some one who walked a million klicks, but for those that walked a million klicks then listen to them cranky ole bastards because they obviously have exchanged the odd boot.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:41

You did open up, and to Vets! That had to help a bit!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:24

I guarantee you that you are not the only who feels that way Expara, trust me when I say this you are not alone!!

Back to top Go down

Post by expara Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:16

So then what is the next step? So how can I help another veteran? I know that this is frustrating as hell, but it is amazing on how I feel when I come on to this forum and see that I am not alone. And I think that is one of the ways that I can help. It is by sharing my story. And I know that I am taking a risk by sharing this stuff. But what the Fu** eh? I will die one day and it won't matter!!
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by expara Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:10

So what to say? How I still have so much anger about the airborne being disbanded? How I did not receive my medal until after the inquiry was done? About how you feel alone and fuck** up because you think that you should not collect a disability pension because I did sign my name on the dotted line!! And I should manup; suckup and soldier on! FU**! SIGH! So much time and energy spent for what? Anyways there were always the rum rations to look forward to!! Smile
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:05

Speaking out is the first step to relief givver livver!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:03

Then tell your story, I did and boy did it help
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by expara Tue 04 Dec 2012, 22:00

Thanks Chimo. But it is frustrating as hell to see the GOC and how they have treated the Veterans and I feel that my hands are tied!! I want to scream and rant and rave, but yet, I also want to come at this with patience and perseverance and knowledge. Anyhoo, thanks for the support!
Brent
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

How we are losing? Empty Re: How are we losing?

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:56

Expara: No matter where you served or for how long, you are our brother. Your journey may have been different, but we are all Veterans here. The usual suspects: teentitan, robbie, rusty, old vet greatfoot, navrat and most others all seem like great guys and are not judgemental. Speak your mind, speak it often if it helps. Release the monkeys.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by expara Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:32

Thanks for those words of wisdom Back!
I have only posted a couple of times on this forum and have been following it since May when the news came out. I do not have a lot of wisdom to say and at times could not give a sh*t to what has been said or commented, but now I need to have a voice in these matters and say that I to has suffered because of my time served in Somalia and that is the only tour I have been on and I would like to add only served for 6yrs. So when I see others with there many yrs in or that they were super soldiers Smile , I feel like what the fu** could I contribute. And it is this; I have been traumatized because of my experiences and they are my experiences. It is because of these experiences I suffered but on the other hand they have led me down the road to ask a lot of questions about life. So are they good or bad experiences? Anyhoo, enough of my pontificating for tonight. Smile I have been wanting to post something on this forum for some time now and did not know what to say and cannot offer any great pearls of wisdom nor can I say anything that will take away the pain and anxiety that I am pretty sure a lot of us are feeling right now. So with that I hope we can all band together and ( as it has been mentioned) put our energies into fighting the GOC and after this battle is won, move on and support the soldiers that are fighting this unjust NVC, which is more Bullsh*t!
Brent
expara
expara
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

How we are losing? Empty How we are losing?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 20:41

I just wanted to say, we all have our demons that haunt us at all times of the day. Whether it be lack of sleep, constant never ending pain, or a case of the crazies.

There seems to be visitors on here that like to stir up a whole lot of shit and who is left to deal with the aftermath?

US

We should question our random posters why, because it is our health and lives that end up being disturbed. The more these random visitors stop by and make random comments the more power we give them. Conquer by dividing the forces right.

Look at the shit storm that ensued shortly after DM posted, look at how they touched on the "sensitive" words that set people off in previous discussions. Someone out there is doing some research on how to get people agitated on this forum, which in turn has VVi fighting from within.

I understand that we may have problems that do not allow us to think rationally all of the time, but that still does not make it right. Chill out relax, the only person we answer to at the end of the day is ourselves.

This is how we are losing currently from my viewpoint anyways, our anger and frustartions are being directed at each other rather than at the Giant who destroyed our villages.

Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down