Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The law of attraction.....please people

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The law of attraction.....please people Empty Re: The law of attraction.....please people

Post by bigrex Sat 22 Dec 2012, 15:34

Unfortunately the law is stilled biased in favour of the female. My brother, who is also military, got married to a woman in the CF. After 4 years of marriage, she came out of the closet and left him with their son, and a mortgage. When he went to court, the judge said that she did not abandon their son, because she left him with his father, but if my brother had left, it would have been abandonment. She moved into barracks for a year, and then moved into an apartment, and filed for sole custody. So even though they made the same amount of money, and she had moved out, my brother lost custody, lost his house because he couldn't afford the mortgage on his own, went bankrupt and had to take a $18000 distress loan from the CF to pay his legal fees because her lawyer was gay as well and did all her work pro bono.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

The law of attraction.....please people Empty Re: The law of attraction.....please people

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 15:32

Recon031, there is nothing I can do to stop it. According to the Child Support rules all income is subject to calculating child support. This includes VAC pension, SISIP and military pension. Since the VAC pension is tax free the pension is subjected to a 30% increase to calculate a gross tax to make it equal taxable income. So lets say I get $2000 a month from VAC this amount is calculated at x 1.3 = $2600 a month or $31200 a year. Add this on top of my Gross Miltary pension and now I will be getting monthly SISIP payments so.....it all adds up to alot of child support.
I thought that my VAC pension would be excluded and I used that money to travel to see my kids or fly them here a few times a year. But the judge declared that my VAC pension would be used in calculating child support. Which is fine I don't have a problem paying my fair share but my ex takes me to court every time I get a little bit more in benefits. She can do this because it is legal for her to do so. I don't appreciate it as it consumes a large portion of my net pay per year or so. We live in Canada and there is no precidence in getting a person to quit being a S-head and taking you to court whenever they want to especially when children are concerned.
So given all this I would like to see us get something called 'damages' because if I was not disabled from all my tours I theoretically would still have my family and not being subject to all this legal crap, which is draining me financially. It is what it is and I hope none of you Vets are going through the same as I am but if you are I will take you salmon fishing and enjoy the good life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 14:19

Holy Shit Redfisher , you're a Disabled Veteran & " SHE " is still employed by the GOC & she gets to " RAPE & PILLAGE " you ???

If thereis nothing to hide , TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA ........CTV National News

& show the Nation what Courts are letting her away with ...........

That's how i got rid of my ex in a hurry , with a female judge to boot ........

Shame on her ....................

REBUILD YOUR FAMILY & YOUR RIGHTS THAT YOU FOUGHT FOR

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Sat 22 Dec 2012, 14:16

Redfisher - If she is still in the CF, she is likely making more than you and therefore should not be eligible for any part of the payment. You should ask for her financial statement each year! So you know what is on the table!

Still, I hope you do enjoy the Holidays and get that chance to go to Hawaii, which is where my wife and I are heading for our 30th in February on a 14 day cruise.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 14:10

Thank you, It is what it is. I take joy in spending as much time with my kids as possible which makes things a hell of alot better. Thats why if I get enough we are going to Hawaii.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 13:43

That makes me very sad for you redfisher. My heart goes out to you. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 13:11

DCHD, It all comes down to Child Support. I don't have a problem at all with paying Child Support but my ex always thinks I am cheating her even though she has been given all my financial info every year.
That being said she is under the impression that I have been withholding the monthly SISIP payments for 3 years. She knows I am a ZERO client but refuses to beleive that I was not getting any money. Plus two years ago I recieved a claim from VAC under the NVC in which she immediately went to her lawyer to get a piece of that.
So even though I have been forthright and open to her every time I recieve a little bit more she goes to the lawyer. Last year I spent $7000 in lawyer fees defending myself in the end I had a choice either go in front of the judge halfway accross the country or just give her money and call it a day. Either to avoid going accross the country and spending a wack load of money on flights, hotels ect I paid her off. This ended up with me having nothing left in the bank.
So when this settlement comes in she will be going to her lawyer to get a piece of it. My lawyer is already on standby. There is nothing I can do to stop her except take the high road and avoid engaging in her behavior. Oh by the way she is in the CF which makes this even more unusual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 07:18

redfisher sorry about your situation and not to be rude.

But how can your Ex take Disability from you. I can see your possessions and Military pension. \but she is not entitled to your VAC and SISIP and or retro. And if that is the case that i 100% wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by froggie2u36 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 06:23

Its so sad to hear so many left their spouse due to illness when i took my marriage vows it was in sickness and in health and i didnt think that would happen 4 yrs after we were married.Like sparrow we just celebrated our 26 anniversary in Nov.I would hope if i was the one sick he would have stuck by me as well.I wish you well redfisher and ty for kind words.I hope one day you will find your angel Smile

froggie2u36
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 23:18

redfisher, it always saddens me to realize that vets are in your position with broken relationships. I understand from professionals that divorce in the military is over 80% which is shocking but no surprise. And another element to this case is the fallout for vets in respect to their settlement and marital issues. I hope the best for you. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 22:46

froggie2u36, it is amazing that you stayed with your hubby. That says alot about you. You must be the one wife out of 999 that sticks with her man who has gone through hell. The rest just clean house and leave the wounded behind. Good for you.
In my case my ex is still on the rampage and doing everything in her power to run me further into the ground. When this settlement comes through I guarantee you that she will be setting her lawyer against me for money, which will eat up a good portion of this settlement by retaining my lawyer. He is just waiting for the settlement to come in so we can set up a meeting.
It is refreshing to here that at least one wife stuck by her man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 21:22

I appreciate your words OldZipperhead. I admit it has not been easy being an injured vet caring for an injured vet but we did joyfully celebrate our 25th anniversary so we must be doing something right I love you Merry Christmas to you as well. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Fri 21 Dec 2012, 21:14

Sparrow & Froggie - I commend you both on your courage, tenacity and loving stubborness! Well done too you both! I know the love that you have placed on your husbands as I have had the same from my wife. She is a stubborn german woman that has stood by me for almost 30 years (it will be 30 in February) and it has only been the last 14 years that she has been through hell and back with me in dealing with my injuries and PTSD.

Be strong, as a husband I know that yours appreciates you being beside them on this journey!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 20:44

It's a Wonderful Life!
Gonna watch some movies on netflix before my free account runs out!
santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 20:33

Every time a bell rings a sparrow gets her wings santa rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next