Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax - Page 2 Empty Re: Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:02

If there's a book, maybe there will be a movie, too?

If that's the case, then I want Emmanuel Lewis to play me in the movie.

Back to top Go down

Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax - Page 2 Empty Re: Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 19:01

Yes Nav, I did suggest to Dennis that he should write a book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:54

Dennis, it is very interesting to know the history of this case, things the class never knew, maybe a book explaining the origins to the conclusion would be an interesting project

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 18:13

It does matter what we think but what we owe and I for one owe anyone a ton of gratitude for fighting in this freak show. Salute to all that need to be here and some where down the road the past is history time to make new history

Back to top Go down

Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax - Page 2 Empty Dennis' Tribute To Mike R from Halifax

Post by dennismanuge Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:57

For those of you who are unaware and that is most of the class, a gentleman and fellow veteran by the name of Mike R (pseudonym) is the real reason, not me, Dennis Manuge, that we got this Class Action at all.

Mike was one of a handful of "active" advocates back in 2005-2006, despite the fact that he was still serving at the time.

After discusions between us and the handful of other "active advocates" Mike in his infinite wisdom and intellect decided to take everything he had regarding the SISIP Clawback (he was not impacted yet, but has since been devastated financially) to Dalhousie Law School and legal aid if you will. Turns out there was a second year law student who had articled for Pete Driscoll the summer prior and asked Mike to take it to him. Pete said I need to see Mike, and they did. Mike could not be the Rep Plaintiff as he was still serving, Mike phoned me and asked me to meet with him and Pete, the rest they say is history, like it or not.

This is how things came to be and I owe Mike R my life and so does anyone who sees a gain resulting from this suit.

Mike wished to remain anonymous to protect himself while he was still serving and I have respected his a wishes to this day.

The class deserves to know the story.

D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum