Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow.

Go down

Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow. Empty Re: Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow.

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:12

Did no one else see the word "expected"?

That's not an imperative, that's a permissive.

Back to top Go down

Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow. Empty Re: Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow.

Post by bigrex Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:59

That was you? I thought the sewer line was backed up again, lol
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:58

Then fart no one here can hear you..... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:54

I AM SO HAPPY I COULD JUST FART cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:49

Nav thanks for your confidence, i hope you are right. I start to worry about my friends when they get upset.
I hope we will all be allowed to rest our weary minds tomorrow.
Enough is Enough. sunny

Cheers
John.

Last edited by abetterway on Tue 08 Jan 2013, 23:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:43

Thanks, we will get info tomorrow, nothing will stop Dennis

Back to top Go down

Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow. Empty Dennis Manuge and Global News Comments about release of class action lawsuit information tomorrow.

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:40

This info is provided only as a guide and in no way treat this as 100% accurate. I only wish you all a good night sleep and a peaceful mind.

I,am some what, feeling positive we will get some information tomorrow, from reading the following information posted by Dennis and the Globe and Mail it seems we will get some or all of the details tomorrow. Dennis says he will place a link to the settlement info when he gets it.

Copied from Face Book; Dennis posted.

Just had an awesome last exchange with our (SISIP Class) legal counsel, Pete, Dan, and Ward, before tomorrow mornings release of the proposed settlement to the class. Sean from MT&L and Sandra from McInnes Cooper are assisting me in preparing for media and I am all set. I did tubby time with Mekelle, and she has given me perspective to handle anything.

May you all be happy with what we have achieved and as soon as I have a link to settlement proposal I will post. Teleconference with Justice Barnes with both side's legal starts around 10;30.
After reviewing things again tonight I am proud and satisfied 100% with the results of negotiations.

Copied from Global News.

HALIFAX - A Halifax veteran who launched a class-action lawsuit against Ottawa over the clawback of military pensions says a settlement has been reached.

Dennis Manuge says the settlement is expected to be made public Wednesday following a teleconference call between lawyers representing veterans and Ottawa.
The class-action lawsuit was filed in March 2007 on behalf of Manuge and 4,500 other disabled veterans whose long-term disability benefits were reduced by the amount of the monthly Veterans Affairs disability pensions they received.

Last May, the Federal Court ruled that Ottawa should stop that practice and weeks later, the federal government said it would not appeal that decision.

The government appointed Stephen Toope, the president of the University of British Columbia, to negotiate a settlement with Manuge's legal team.

The Federal Court will have to approve any agreement, and a two-day hearing for that is scheduled to begin in Halifax on Feb. 14.

Internal government estimates have suggested the settlement could run to $600 million, depending on the cut-off date for payments.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Settlement reached in military pension clawback dispute, Halifax veteran says

Last edited by abetterway on Wed 09 Jan 2013, 00:15; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum