Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deemed Taxes QRLSP Info (Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payments)

+8
Rags
bigrex
RCN-Retired
dennismanuge
K9
MaggieinNB
meathead
Sapper Zodiak
12 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Deemed Taxes QRLSP Info (Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payments) - Page 7 Empty Re: Deemed Taxes QRLSP Info (Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payments)

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 09:25

Its OK Mcinnes Cooper, us Zero Sums, with long retroactive payments, will pay you the most legal fees, we will take the biggest hit in taxes for you, so when this proposal hits the judges desk, you can say look judge , we did what was best for the class. pay us now!. I'll suck it up, and accept, I was not left behind. I'll now listen, to all those that say I'm a Whinner!

Back to top Go down

Deemed Taxes QRLSP Info (Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payments) - Page 7 Empty Re: Deemed Taxes QRLSP Info (Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payments)

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 09 Feb 2013, 18:04

Rex...I hope your last post is part of your discussion with the Judge. Getting a letter from the Feds to CRA would be the easiest thing to do. No extra cash ro anything. BZ
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:36

yes! the blanket 3.27% does not help much, In many circumstances, and with the law firm, doing its due dilligence, to understand the Mechanisms, of QRLSPs, that function for all class members, and using those facts to pursuade, the GOC to to Negotiate, Tax Neutrality, the best that the GOC offered was that! Mcinnes Cooper asked for more , did they get more No, do they wish they got more Yes.

Last edited by Call of Duty on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:38; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spell check)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:32

That's the worst part of that. he can't be fired. I think the only way he can lose his position is if he actually goes to jail for his crimes, and even then, he would probably resume his duties upon release. As for Mr Toope, you are right. I can imagine he will be included in the next hiring spree by Harper. Actually, I'm surprised Harper hasn't pushed more for senate reform..... adding more senators so that he can fill up the chamber to the brim with family friends, and Torie flunkies.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:25

This 3.5 percent is a gift for all with less then 5 years, for above it will cost 15 percent more income ro pay on the total in 2013. So they are just giving 3.5 on something that will cost most of us 15 percent more. We are still pYing 11.5 percent more because they did not work on it. So for some, 30 000 more then the 90 000 thaT they were already giving.

K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 17:23

You know there has been a bad boy Senator as of late, Who knows a spot for Mr toope may open up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:53

yup guess what.....appears to be a solution hope that gets through the judge. Id ask you two to be at the negotiations. Dennis and MC should have brought on 3 or 4 people to asssit Dennis.

I hope judge recommends the addition of help to Dennis. I asked for 3 or 4 to be added to the team to look out for the entire interest of the class.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:45

I would gladly give up the $1100(before taxes) that I will be getting from the current tax top up, in order to save several thousand in deemed taxes.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:42

I would have never let Toope be involved had I had a say! And if we would have been forced into Toope his equal partner and CO negotiator would have been louis Mackenzie

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:40

I suspect there us a reason others were not added. And we know why. Cause we are at this point right now almost about to just fold the cards and accept a 65% deal with no more hassle or work. Scary part is so many 30 days ago were just going to buy the argument its over all done just accept.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:38

What is needed and has always been the law in a class action is for a few chosen class members to be sitting at the table with Dennis. He could never have been expected to do this alone that is why in the law it allowe for us to sit at the table....not 7500 but key players.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:36

Yes CoD probably or leave it for Pain and suffering haha. Well a good compromise to give GOC hey guys ya go to fix this we will give back the 3.27% top up.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:31

the 3.27 % top would have to be removed i think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:30

sounds better Bigrex! just as long as we all dont pay the deemed taxes I dont care how it gets done, but the cheaper the better I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 09 Feb 2013, 16:28

Not a bad compromise and would work I think?
The object would be based on what we have already settled can we swing a easy solution.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next