Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for my own curiousity when they state this is a 880 million dollar law suits does that include future payments or 880 for retro only

3 posters

Go down

for my own curiousity when they state this is a 880 million dollar law suits does that include future payments or 880 for retro only Empty Re: for my own curiousity when they state this is a 880 million dollar law suits does that include future payments or 880 for retro only

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 16:57

Thanks Bigrex, I forgot about the NVC. i stand (actually am sitting) corrected

Back to top Go down

for my own curiousity when they state this is a 880 million dollar law suits does that include future payments or 880 for retro only Empty Re: for my own curiousity when they state this is a 880 million dollar law suits does that include future payments or 880 for retro only

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2013, 16:48

Actually Wills Ridge, unless they get rid of the NVC, the only new people that will benefit from the lawsuit will have to be current members that have been receiving PA pensions for over 7 years. Anyone that is released in the future without pension act benefits would get their full SISIP LTD regardless of the lawsuit. So I highly doubt the number of Veterans getting SISIP and a PA pension will change very much in the future
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 16:15

Bigrex. In reality all current serving members, plus those not even enlisted, plus those not even born yet will benefit from this case and none of these people will pay a cent in legal fees. A line has to be drawn somewhere I guess and this seems to be it. (current legal fee breakdown). Its very hard to please everybody so I think the legal team tried to please the majority. Don't know if I am right, just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2013, 15:55

Thanks 6608. I knew the numbers couldn't be very high. So with these 320 along with the maximum of 1150 zero sum clients applying to be reinstated, still only equals less than 1500, of the total 7500 class members. So 6000+ class members shouldn't have to pay double the legal fees on their 24 month retro, so that 1500 can get over 500 million in benefits with no deduction for legal fees.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 15:24

Maggie-Bigrex.................There was appox 320 on permanent Ltd before the zero's were added

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-07-09/html/reg2-eng.html

cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2013, 13:16

that is part of the problem, nobody other than SISIP knows the true numbers. But i know that they identified an original 900 zero sum clients and then an additional 250, once it was decided to go back to 1976, so even if the majority of those get reinstated, it will roughly be 1100. For those that are TPI and not zeroed out, it is true, they will also get this future money, but seeing as they would have to be severely and permanently disabled to get accepted for continued benefits, they likely had significant VAC pensions, and would have been forced to apply for CPP (D) under threat of being cut off, and or receiving a CF pension. Any combination of these two would likely zero out most SISIP clients, especially when considering the combination of historically lower wages and the 2% cap for indexing, while the other sources were often indexed at higher percentage, so even if they are not zeroed out at first, they are within a few years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:47

Bigrex... I was just wondering where you go the 1100 number... I know there were over 900 zero sum people,but I have never seen a number for the people whose payments were being clawed back, but were not zero-summed... I know they got their payments reinstated back in June or July. I am sure there are probably more than 200 such clients, just wondering if anyone knew how many people were in that group?

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:34

The 880 million does include over 450 million in future payments, of which only those who get reinstated, roughly 1100 of the 7500 class members, will be entitled to access. This also includes the 10 million busary, but only a maximum of 4000 class members may receive, to a maximum of $1300 each within 7.5 years. Once that 5.2 million is spent, or 7.5 years passes, whichever comes first, the remainder is transferred to VAC clients who have been zeroed out under the ELB program. I'm just wondering if those of the class who have been zeroed out under both programs will be entitled twice, lol.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:26

pretty sure it means everything.. retro, interest, scholarship fund and future payments.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum