Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her

Go down

Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her Empty Re: Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her

Post by Rags Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:06

This issue is important also mail the Minister and see your MP as well as writting judge..
This was on back pages and is a key to the win so I posted to put it at top again. Sorry if some dont like that approach but it ios important to fight this on two fronts.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her Empty Re: Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:48

Rick Mercer contact info:

mercer. report @ cbc. ca

Bug Out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:31

Thanks LTD4me. On it as I type.
Bug Out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:23

Minister Gail Shea's email address: gail.shea@parl.gc.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:54

buds i wrote the judge asking for a seperate order ore if he can not a breif to be distributed to the class via MC.i also sent this letter to the chronicl herald and rick merecer.i will also be sending a copy to the globe and the star.as for the minister its my gess that she has been told to inform the CRA to expect a pile of RC4288 E (11) forms from this class and instuct them to reject them all.maybe im just being paranoid but that doesnt mean they are not out to get me.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:42

Then we are on same page. Its a combined approach. Judge needs to mention it but he cant change it. Public needs to voice the concern in support and the Minister has the power in her office to make a Ministerial choice to over ride the act without any legislation change. I changed the title so a google search from her media staff will pull this up. she should see it on her desk cause her name was mentioned if her staff are on the ball. She will chuckle when she seees this note.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:37

i do understand but ya gotta know that she will not do a thing that the PM dosnt agree with.we need to find a way to get our undue hardship applications accepted.this does not require a change of any laws as the legislation already exists.however these applicatioins get turned away more often then not for a variety of bs reasons.making this public would help,a brief from the judge on the undue hardship we faced in this case would help,one from the minister would help,a copy of the judges dissision would help.of all of these a letter from the minister is the least likely but thats just my oppinion.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:19

Ya need both. Public support and the ear of the girl that will make the change. One without the other its pushing rope. Respectfully
EDIT START -
Judge does not have the power.
News Media is great but only part of the solution, a carpenter may be the best guy for the job to build your house but if he does not have the tools and bag of nails you may be right about your nice house to build but nothings getting built. Its not the attack on the objective that wins wars but the ability to see the point of exploitation and have a plan to exploit. Media is only one of the objectives the Minister is the exploitation. Lets win the war not just the sympathy of the public. EDIT END

Last edited by Rags on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : second thought to ad.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:13

ya im thinkin newspapers and the judge is the best route.polititions are toeing the party line and will do what they are told.as allways public oppinion is our best wepon and you need the press for that.this war against vets that started in 2006 just aint right and we will need the support of the canadian peolpe and the media for the future battles that follow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her Empty Tax Issue - Honourable Gail Shea Minister of Revenue Write a Letter to her

Post by Rags Thu 24 Jan 2013, 07:47

With all the focus on the letter to the courts for Judge to read if ya support or dont support the settlement we need to know that the tax issue is not within the judges ability to change. He can suggest pass comment but cant order a change. (At least from my knowledge of how the system works). I suggest we all write a letter to the one person who will read it and has the power to amend the tax act for specific issues like ours....the Minister. It would have been easy to get this done and get a response when Kieth was our Minister of RC and sitting in our back yards in Freddy beach but he is not anymore.
From my interactions on tax issues and the power of the Minister if we write him and the people who live in his riding go speak to him you have a great tool to change how we get taxed on this issue. Even better if we have a member of the class who is a member of the party in that riding association they can have direct access to the minister.
For me our task on the TAX ISSUE should be to:
1) - Find a member of class in his Riding Association area and better if they are a member of party or on the board of directors.
2) - Find a member of the class who is a member of the board of directors of an MP (in power).
3) - All write a letter to Minister of Rev Can
4) - Who ever gets on TV or Radio in next month ask for reasonable relief on tax issue.
5) - Write a letter to the editor for your local area newspaper and and ask for reasonable tax relief an swift end to this saga.

Now the key point is REASONABLE RELIEF! That is from my perspective as follows. We have to pay taxes on income so just accept that. We should not have to pay penalties. If we get interest on the money then we should get taxed based on the fair tax interest rate but not over our interest we get back. Last but no least we should ask for relief of the tax burden that we would have to pay on money we get taken from us to pay legal as legal is paying the tax on that money anyway lets not get taxed twice once in our pocket and once in theres.

You may not like the GOV but the MPs are just like you and me. My experience as a member of the party and a senior executive of a party riding association and a once candidate for nomination to run for MP I know they will listen to a reasonable request and I know the Minister of Rev Can if asked the right way the right request we may most likely see some reasonable relief.

I for one will be chatting with my MP friends I know personally to lobby the Minister of RevCan. I suggest those who have the power do the same. Those that dont have the power write a letter.

Sorry my error all reference to He or Him should be She or Her as its Madam Minister now. SHes a PEI girl so come on we must have a class member in her riding.

Minister of Revenue Honourable Gail Shea
Riding of Egmont PEI

Last edited by Rags on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 08:38; edited 2 times in total

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum