Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear McInnes Cooper,

Go down

Dear McInnes Cooper, Empty Re: Dear McInnes Cooper,

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:15

Bug out you have to get letter and request to speak to lawyer NLT 7 Feb so they can advise court of letter and or intention to speak. Also Bug Out no not censorship. The reason you state your issue in advance is so judge can read your argument and prepare his mind for decision. You then present to him in person he may question your presentation to clarify and clear his head on what your saying. If he did not know what you were to say he would have to try and gather the whole point and review the law in his head at that moment.....cant be done by any bright person its too much. So they ask for a brief on what you will say so he can prepare for you. If he agrees with your arguments then he will look at other submissions to see if people argue against if he sees an issue then when you present he will challenge it to get clarity then rule.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:07

For those who can " ATTEND "

Then you simply tell Peter , you would like to talk about money , & what a great job they did over 61/2 years , BUT , would you Please reconsider the following points of concern in general from the " Class " .

Just tell the " TRUTH " about FEES & TAXES , nothing more , & maybe , just maybe ....Justice Barnes might show " a little compassion " & reduce the rates & taxes ...........

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Family of .......7.......
Dave Fitzpatrick
Ontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 08:25

Will the settlement hearing be broadcast live on television or is it closed for all intents and purposes from the media? I also read that if you intend to speak at the hearing you must notify McInnes Copper in advance and advise on your topic theme. Can someone confirm this for me? Would seem conflict of interest to advise of one's opinion in advance as a form of censorship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 08:16

Recon031 Peter will not be the one having time to talk with the gudge, we will!! So all eyes will be on us. If all we can say is (his is getting to mush) we will not change a thing, Saying he is geting to mush is one thing how should paythe fees is another, maybe less, we split withGOC or evenbetter GOC pays all!!! Mc inness has cut from 30% to about 20%. I've alread payed for this advantagein sweat, blood, fear and pain, Should we pay again? No GOC should,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 07:54

The term "less other relevant sources of income" have become a huge stepping stone for the office of McInnes Cooper and due to the diligent work of all parties we have a new issue, Lawyer fees. I do not believe that any law firm including this firm should ever receive 30%, 17.5% or even 10%, I do believe that the team should be compensated directly from the Treasury Board through the office of Peter MaKay MND and that 65 million go back into the hands of our disabled veterans.Maybe just maybe our letters are not going where they should be going, should we be sending letters to The Treasury Board via The Office of The Minister of National Defence or the PM’s Office directly after all I do believe that they (TB) make amendments to policy and premiums, or how about The Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) who is the policy owner and as such is ultimately responsible, through his delegated authority, for entering into or terminating any contractual relationship on behalf of the CF with the insurer (Manulife), and monitoring the management of LTD plans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 05:42

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:55

Hey Peter ,

To split the difference & put about 8 % back in every Veteran's pocket would be Honourable & at least then , each & every Veteran would feel some Dignity walking away from the table as i'm sure you would also Peter .

For your Consideration & Approval . """ All Eyes Will Be On You Peter .................

This is your chance to be " The Hero @ 17 % " , or Our Hero @ 8 %

We are a " Family of .......7....... " " take 17 % $ 34,000.00 , or leave us 9 %

You're the man Peter Driscoll ..........................................

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Ontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:21

You may not like it but they earned it, they did reduce there request from 30% to 17 the judge will accept it its reasonable. The issue is who pays so dont get lost in the forest as to what is the tree ya got to cut down. Ask the judge to have GOV pay due to there malice in this case. They the lawyers are getting paid so make sure you fight the right fight. WHO PAYS IS FOCUS NOT THAT THEY GET PAID!

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:01

Got to agree!!!! Will look pretty shady the day after.

Back to top Go down

Dear McInnes Cooper, Empty Dear McInnes Cooper,

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 19:17

My faith, in mankind, the government and law firms suffers greatly. I would like to ask you to withdraw your fee requests and just ask for actual costs and disbursements (not to exceed 20 million). We the Veterans have suffer long and hard. Lets each take a fair share on the hit here.Veterans deserve more than just 40% of what is owed.
When the headlines are reported on the 15th of FEB will it read like this?

McInnes Cooper Receives $65000000.00 and the Sick and Wounded Veterans receives 40% of what is owed due to taxation and legal fees!

If the Judge does not agree with you and rules for less I am asking you to not appeal and be proud you served us as we have Served Canada!

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum