Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible provincial tax break

Go down

Possible provincial tax break Empty Re: Possible provincial tax break

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Feb 2013, 21:54

Why on earth would they need your facebook profile? In fact, they don't need 3 quarters of that information in order to aswer the question you had asked, which is to explain what programs do they have that could minimize the tax burden, and can you claim the legal fees as a deduction. In fact the only information they truly needed was your name and contact info, be it phone or an email address, to send it as a written explanation or even possible attachments. In fact, one of the biggest pieces of information that will affect their response, wasn't requested or provided, and that was that this money is retro active, and the years it covered. After all, tax relief programs offered by CRA/QRA, will vary differently for retro active money versus money claimed in the current year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 18:53

I did not call Revenue Quebec - But remember - There is two thing shure in life - Death and taxes

hamdford - I would be very happy if they have something to give us a brake on this - Its good that you called them. I will do the same - maybe we can report these incomes over two or three years like the Federal allow us to do.

They recently annonce a big tax increase, I see people in Gatineau moving the other side in Ontario. Just to avoid next year taxation. All that to say, They might not be in a very helpfull mood these day.

So what was a joke in my previous version is now corrected.

Vall2012

Last edited by Vall2012 on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 03:07; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a joke into a normal comment....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:29

hamdford great idea i forgot about the provincial tax.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:28

I was told I was a dreamer .....good luck with the tax collectors in Quebec ...not a hope ....i applaud you for trying!

Back to top Go down

Possible provincial tax break Empty Possible provincial tax break

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:21

I have contacted the Quebec revenue agency to see if it was possible to get a tax break when we get our settlement. I suggest everyone do the same with there respective provincial revenue agency and get some kind of break.
They will get back to me shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum