Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Week until D-Day

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

One Week until D-Day Empty Re: One Week until D-Day

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:32

Great analogy Call of duty im LMAO. You bet just imagine if you were 37 days late 37 days in jail.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:45

no call nor will they pay the $200 dollar fine i just hope they dont actually profit from this from clawing back $200,000,000 from the moast disabled among us.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:37

Propat remember in the army, if you were 15 min late, it was considered AWOL and your went to jail. well the GOC has been 37 years AWOL on this issue with vets. Is anyone going to jail?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:29

you are correct call no one should profit from illegal activities in this country.no one.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:23

In this case the party that delayed it, is the same party that will reap the deemed taxes, and the further they delay it the better the rewards for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:18

call true the burden of deemed tax should allways rest with the party responcible for the delay witch is not allways the tax payer.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:13

I do not mind paying whats fair either, I agree we have it good here. But this case could , if the Judge rules the Deemed Taxes, are not justified in this case , set a precident, that could help future Vets, and all Canadians. making this case, truly" Historical" on a Number of Issues.

Last edited by Call of Duty on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check again .lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:04

thats true call and the revised tax is the tax at the rate we would have paid and i have no problem with that.at times ive struggled but allways paid what i owed even if i had to do without.im feel proud to pay my bills and my tax.this is the greatest country in the world and that comes with a cost that im happy to pay.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:59

maggie yes they can legeslate but they cannot do it retroactively.so are retro will still come.now i looked into this and their hands are kinda tied as they will not eliminate the dva.nore are they able to legislate any changes in the laws to make the clawback leagal.however they can get rid of sisip and elb altogether however thoes that are already collecting from sisip would still recive their future payments.now the latter i just mentioned would be difficult to do and not likely.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:58

problem there, is that, there is still the revised taxes to pay on those past years , the CRA should be entittled to those, but not the Deemed taxes which are basically penalties. yes scrap the 3.27% apply the revised taxes, or normal taxes your would have payed, when applying the new retroactive income to those years, and rebate the deemed taxes in the calculation.

Last edited by Call of Duty on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:49

i say they scrap the 3.27% apply the qrlsp calculations to our retro and give us that in a tax free amount.done and done.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:45

Hi K9 did you happen to see my question for the Judge on the Deemed tax QRLSP thread! wish i could be there to ask it myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:39

I am thinking, the Minister over ride will disappear if the proposal goes through as is, The Minister will most likely say, the Notional top up, you agreed to covers the taxes, and now your done. if it goes back, and the top up is scrapped and a fund is put in place to cover all deemed taxes for all , its done , fair and over with. Just my thoughts Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:30

Agreed Im up for all options no harm in trying, I just dont want the Minister over ride to disappear if we get no where with judge

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:25

I agree Rags there may be other options later. But nipping it in the butt now will save alot of leg work later I think. and the future is not Guarenteed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next