Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC! Empty Re: WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC!

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 07:28

frustratedcook you are correct in assuming that.that is exactly how i look at things unless i see it on papper i dont fully belive it.but it can happen and i really hope it does.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 07:06

Sorry fellow vets if I sound frustated but what I am saying comes from official sources at VAC, check with them if you do not believe me, as of now: there is no retro for ELB and no decison was made at this regard so until they tell me they will pay, I consider that so far it's no.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:30

Cook, I can understand why the lawyers would not expand the lawsuit to include VAC, because even though ELB mirrors SISIP, it is a completely different beast. In fact, the argument our lawyers used to win our case, would not have worked with ELB, because in their list of inclusions as income, they do not refer to "income benefits " from the Pension Act, just benefits. I am under both programs, SISIP for 24 months and on EELB since 2012, so I can understand you wanting to get that back pay, but right now, I think you just need to have faith that it will happen. If it doesn't, then be prepared to join another class action, because I'm sure it will happen.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:16

And you are absolutely correct Cook. The ELB is a VAC program the LTD is a DND program.

Our lawsuit is with the DND not VAC.

And I have to agree with Cook Navrat that was not a fair comment.

Besides the ELB retro being resolved with the LTD lawsuit there is a good chance that if the agreement is good and Justice Barnes gives it the green light there is a good chance the RCMP just might go right to negotiations. Another bonus from our lawsuit. So I don't mind paying if the ELB and RCMP benefit from it. I look at it as paying it forward.
I'm sure each one will do the same for the next generation of veterans of the military and RCMP.
We got some goodies from VAC that the WW1 and WW2 vets fought for benefits that had little impact for them but a lot for me like VIP. It's called paying it forward guys.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:12

I hope you guys get retro, of course I do, but your the one saying the other guys don't know what is going on and spreading rumours, all I am saying is be happy with what you have gotten so far, the clawback has been stopped, the monthly payments started. None of us sisip guys have gotten a penny yet in retro, and believe me, Dennis and the law firm, believe a decision will come down md April to end of April, then 2 weeks for translation, that's mid May, then they have up to six months to issue the payments. So cook, sit back and wait because we all have to! Teen said its coming and usually he's spot on, so figure a date of 60 to 90 days after my time line and yes be glad you don't have to pay legal fees because I would , in my situation, wait another 6 months if I could get out of them because at 17.8 percent they are soaking me for 55000 dollars

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:52

I don't want to break anyone spirit but if you get your hopes too high you can only drop lower. I do wish that everythong will be resolved but so far...
As for this navrat:
Cook, just be glad they stopped the clawback for ELB. This was not part of the original lawsuit, so for the GOC to throw it in was a bonus, plus you don't have to pay an legal fees! This also creates an unfair situation, if they do give retro for elb should not they also pay a legal fee, we are
this is very low and unworthy of a fellow Vet, I tried early in january 2010 to join the classaction, but was told by the lawfirm that it was only for SISIP, We were not welcomed with you guys, so it's not my fault if the early participants didn't think about us from ELB and make a joint action. I would have been very happy to join and pay my share of the fee's, instead I have been fighting ALONE against VAC since the fall of 2006 when I frist got on rehab and been fighting since them against VAC to egt them to aknowledge that if the CRA says disability pension=not a revenue, why were they screwing us in the first place? So if you don't get we didn't choose not to join the lawsuit we were not welcomed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:33

Cook,
I agree with what bigrex has stated here, my thoughts are that we did not here anything on ELB retro, because the GOC is waiting until the sisip deal is finalized.
Once the sisip deal is finalized ,I would think that they will say that ELB members will receive retro.
just what I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:27

Cook, just be glad they stopped the clawback for ELB. This was not part of the original lawsuit, so for the GOC to throw it in was a bonus, plus you don't have to pay an legal fees! This also creates an unfair situation, if they do give retro for elb should not they also pay a legal fee, we are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:22

i see you are very angry cook and i dont blame ya but we are not the enemy.

always question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:07

hey bigrex
Before being so sure about what you are saying, contact the VAC Boss, if you get an answer at all from his office you will stop being so sure. The fact that you think they will pay doesn't stand that high to me. If you are so sure tell me why they are not settling with the RCMP. If they would be so incline to pay more peolpe they would have said so if only for looking good and take the credit on how good they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:56

Cook, although we do not have confirmation, it would be difficult for VAC not to pay retro. ELB was designed off the SISIP policy, which has been deemed unlawful, thus ELB as it was, was also unlawful and was why they ceased the clawback. If there is no retro paid on ELB, once the SISIP retro is paid, then they would be leaving it open for further litigation. That is something that they do not want to happen.

I honestly do not see the ELB retro as being that large of a sum, and easily hidden within the 1.9 billion budget amount, since if there were only 7500 class members spanning 36 years on SISIP, the numbers of Veterans on ELB/EELB, that will not already be covered by the SISIP lawsuit's retro payments, is likely very small in comparison. And unlike SISIP, there is no minimum time limit, so some ELB recipients may have only collected money for a few months while attending retraining
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:47

Contact the law firm to find out if they are starting to take names for the 3rd party adjudicator to make decisions on issues like this.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:45

SISIP is giving me the run around on appealing there decision for not TPI now that I have provided documentation after the clawback going back to the 18 month to 24 month after medical release. I did not provided the medical imformation then because my VAC was higher than the SISIP amount.

confused

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:44

Actually cook in the budget last week it was highlighted that $1.9 billion is going to be spent over the next 7 years to ill, injured, and elderly veterans.

I know it's frustrating but VAC ELB has been copying SISIP LTD about 30-60 days behind.

Ask yourself this...why would VAC want a lawsuit that they know they can't win because ELB is the same as LTD.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:40

again,
Please stop spreading rumours and talking of what you know nothing about. Don't promise us Vets on ELB anything that you have no knowledge or rights to talk about. There is nothing or no one that says that VAC will be paying retro to any of us as, that they are not compelled to stick to the court order at it is only against SISIP and not VAC. If you listened to the budget last week you will see that there was no money voted for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum