Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE DESERVE DAMAGES AND JUCTISE BARNES KNOW IT WE WERE AND ARE DAMAGED.REJECT THE DEAL ADD INTEREST AND DAMAGES - I WANT 200% INCREASE DUE TO A PUNITIVE AWARD!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WE DESERVE DAMAGES AND JUCTISE BARNES KNOW IT WE WERE AND ARE DAMAGED.REJECT THE DEAL ADD INTEREST AND DAMAGES - I WANT 200% INCREASE DUE TO A PUNITIVE AWARD! Empty Re: WE DESERVE DAMAGES AND JUCTISE BARNES KNOW IT WE WERE AND ARE DAMAGED.REJECT THE DEAL ADD INTEREST AND DAMAGES - I WANT 200% INCREASE DUE TO A PUNITIVE AWARD!

Post by beleaf67 Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:55

Personally, I'm not panicking and I don't think the deal is dead! JB stated very clearly that he would render his decision in quote weeks, not months unquote! He is abiding by that rule. I was at the hearing and when he said that, I immediately turned to my wife and said, about 6 weeks. Weeks not months means that he would most probably take up to 6-7 weeks to finalize and submit it for translation! Once we hit the 8 week mark, that would then be months as in two months, up until that point it would still be weeks!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

WE DESERVE DAMAGES AND JUCTISE BARNES KNOW IT WE WERE AND ARE DAMAGED.REJECT THE DEAL ADD INTEREST AND DAMAGES - I WANT 200% INCREASE DUE TO A PUNITIVE AWARD! Empty Re: WE DESERVE DAMAGES AND JUCTISE BARNES KNOW IT WE WERE AND ARE DAMAGED.REJECT THE DEAL ADD INTEREST AND DAMAGES - I WANT 200% INCREASE DUE TO A PUNITIVE AWARD!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:05

Guest wrote:Veterans have been suffering for years ..Let not be disappointed when JB finds this deal unfair. The fees show me just how ridiculous and unfair this whole process is. We need a day in court and i do not care if it takes more time.

It is so too late for this to happen. Everyone agrees the time has past and the court will approve this settlement?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:01

NAV...Im on the fence i dont know I think it is a 50 50 chance he accepts or rejects. I hope he rejects but thats just me. I really have no clue.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:17

I am starting to think this deal is getting rejected, no excuse for the delay , unless something was wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:13

Is there any doubt he JB has rejected the idea? Not in my mind! I would be happy for every veteran out there! Hang in there Men it will be the best news ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Mar 2013, 09:33

Where were you when we needed your voice 14 Feb for the against side? Too late now ya just better hope those that opposed were smarter then those that accepted and there were enough of them.....but im not sure I think its on the fence.

Guest (Grasshopper) Said
Veterans have been suffering for years ..Let not be disappointed when JB finds this deal unfair. The fees show me just how ridiculous and unfair this whole process is. We need a day in court and i do not care if it takes more time.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:05

Damages awarded
65% from SISIP
35% from MC

That would be fair
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsailor Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:59

Well, Ladies and Gents. It's definitely not just a Yes or NO. Cause if it was, I would be able to translate for Justice Barnes myself. Even so that in the Navy we never had an option of yes or no. The longer the better, JB is no bone head. Like I've mentioned in the past, like many of you, we left msg on MC answering machine without ever getting a response, therefore, the were representing one person only, not the rest of us. However, some of you may not mind paying lawyers that wasn't there for us. For myself, "Hogwash" on the law firm, they can have 30% of Mr. Monugue's settlement, if they wan't a percentage of my settlement, well please answer some of my questions. If need be and perhaps there answering machine of the firms office wasn't working, I will lend them a newer one. I am prepared to pay the law-firm the following 1. the stamps for the letters I received = 6 x $0.58 cents, and, well I can't calculate anything else, because there wasn't anything else done for me or the rest of us Vets. Just imagine you being told that you've hired someone to do a job, but never really hear from them and the are just working for one of your neighbours. Like I said "Hogwash"

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:33

While I'm finally glad that people are finally coming to their senses and admit that we have been screwed over by our own lawyers, but I don't like the fact that those few of us that have been vocal since the beginning were right. We paid these lawyers a lot of money (or will be) to represent our best interests. Maybe MC should have done what the GoC did and bring in a third party negotiator, and paid at a flat rate, so they wouldn't back down to threats, or accept less of an offer in order to get a quick pay day, because their pay cheque wouldn't have been tied to the proposal getting approved.
As the winners of this case, our lawyers should not have let the losers dictate what concessions they were willing to make. Sure the lawyers may have pushed on some of the items, like survivors and inclusion periods, but the GoC knew from past experience with the second tainted blood lawsuit, that when compensation for unlawful or negligent actions are limited to a certain time frame, those victims who were excluded solely on the date they were wronged, will only initiate another class actions for which they would have no defense, so they would end up paying anyways, so why not include them now and end this quicker.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:44

The deal is 887.8 mill and that's all we will get, not 887.8 + 5% in our favor, the interest money will be used as the see fit.
Navrat i agree with you 90 %, the last 10 % is us fighting; in the MC world they are only 1 % and look at what they can do, fight with all your heart and gain justice or die trying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:32

These guys, the lawyers, are professionals, they pre plan and have an answer for everything. To them this case is finished, now it's time to collect the prize, they are die with us, that's why Peter gave us that letter, we are no longer useful to there game plan, so we are taken to the side of the road, shot, and left or the road kill crew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:27

Dennis should of went up and comforted Sparrow when she broke down then he would have been my hero .....But he fu*ked up and was brain washed in to believing anything MC said or did was the Gospel according to St Peter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum