Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?

4 posters

Go down

After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?  Empty Re: After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?

Post by 1993firebird Tue 26 Mar 2013, 13:49

Come on Justice system get off your arse and stop with the delays , if people owe the Government money and do not pay they go to jail.

Razz

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?  Empty Re: After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 12:02

Awe Rags my man that means we know each other as I to served with all Coys 3RCR and even 2RCR so np problem Rags its all in fun till someone looses an eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 26 Mar 2013, 08:07

Ironman,

I understand, Im not sure anything can be done either without just undue pain and suffering and no positive result. As Propat said after looking at it and I tend to agree with Propats assessment, Too little too late. I just did not want debate on a good point raised in this topic to not be debated. Maybe a Lawyer will chime in but it maybe a non starter. I made my view and will not pass anymore comments on the topic until a Lawyer or well researched person changes the view.

I thank the guest for the topic just should have occurred on the 14th of Feb I guess.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 08:00

I understand brother but in that case, those who can fight another day will just prolong the waiting of those who can't, it's just more suffering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 07:59

ok guys i took a good look at this and after a lot of reaserch ive seen nothing that indicates where this action can lead to any change in the deal ore another round of submitions to the judge from the class.although a stay seems possible although no at all likely it doesnt seem it will acomplish any goals.however it my oppinion this should be revisited if the judges decission comes back as a no.sory rags great idea wrong time either to early ore to late take your pick.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 26 Mar 2013, 07:48

Ironman,
I hear ya I can understand that position. It may not be right but I do understand where your coming from. I only have one issue with your comment...the Greed factor......That is not in the cards nor has it ever been with my whole life. Im motivated by the "The Right Thing" to do not the greed factor nor the give in or up factor. Im just a fighter WHEN THE CAUSE IS JUST AND RIGHT. So yes maybe some and on this site many have a little left to give due to illness. That I understand and can accept. But what is hard to understand is when a brother who can struggle an extra few steps stands up to make the dash why ask them to stop cause your to wounded?

Robbie.....Never Pass A Fault...I served O,P and M Coy. No chickens though brother...I resisted.

So in the end I do hear ya, I dont think good debate or actions need to stop for those that can still carry the torch. For those that cant dont get involved. I did some thinking all night on this and hope a Lawyer pops in and passes comment. Id be interested in reading a post like that as I am reading the first post here.

You know the saying "from those with failing hands we pass the torch, you that grasp it hold it high and take up the battle with the foe."

Respectfully
I do understand
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 07:11

I hear ya Ironman708 enough is enough and that don't require an explanation in my books brother, relax a tad Rags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 07:08

Rags you just don't follow me, it's not about what's right or rong, or the possibles scenarios of fairness. You can keep analysing the situation the way you see fit, but we need to put an end to that mess cause it's making people worst every day and it's not helping them at all.

You maybe healthy enough, patient enough or greedy enough to try to suck more money out of their pockets, but the most of us DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY. Personnally that case took ENOUGH of my health and ENOUGH my time I need to go on with my life, 17 years of waiting IS ENOUGHT got it? Or you need me to put more ENOUGH in a topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 26 Mar 2013, 00:09

I think until someone consults with a law firm to get "legal" advice on a class' rights this is but a moot point.

Until then this topic is only spinning it's wheels and working people up.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 25 Mar 2013, 23:42

Ironman Said -
NO ENOUGHT OF THIS,...IS THAT CLEAR?

Sorry Ironman Im thinking people have a right to look at all options when someone drops the ball. Ball got dropped big time by Dennis and MC did what ever they wanted to complete this case because they had no leadership from the lead plaintiff directing them what to do.

Using a"IS THAT CLEAR" comment just makes most reasonable people laugh at you. You have always been hard on people who have been voicing concern and debate on the issues of this action. Maybe its time for enough of your zero tolerance for debate.

I think there is a good point raised. I need to think about it some more.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:48

AGREED

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:45

I honestly don't see how we could have a "special" class action, in that all class actions find a lead plaintiff that meets most of the qualifications of said class. If we were to give personal impact statements and they had to hear the class in its entirety, this proceeding would take about 27 years to complete. From us to spouses to deceased members the logistics are mind boggling. MC doesn't have the right to control what we hear from our insurer though. This is wrong. But I still believe with a reduction in legal fees owed to the Law firm and perhaps a letter to CRA regarding DEEMED TAXES, we have a fair settlement. This is my 2 cents. Or rather my nickel.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:33

If MC only works for Dennis then the only legal fees should be from Dennis's retro.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?  Empty After all we have heard - Do We Not Have a Legal Reason to Produce a "Stay of Proceedings" and maybe even an Appeal After Judgement?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:22

I ask you all?

After all we have seen and heard in court and here do we not have a Stay or Appeal building? MC has been here and said they are not our lawyers they are Dennis and they do not respond nor work for us....the Class. Dennis has said we need to leave MC alone to nagotiate for us dont get involved let it happen. All negotiations and what would be negotiate was kept secret from us. MC telling SISIP to not respond to us? Its going way too far.
Legally we had a right under law to be involved in the prosecution.
Legally we had a right to be well informed about the action
Legally we had a right to be asked what we wanted

We have had none of the above and MC and Dennis has worked against the class when good debate as to why we have not been involved or why parts are missing from agreement that should have been there.

I smell an Appeal at least but I do see a Stay of Proceedings opening up.

Think about all that has been said on here by Dennis and MC then think of all the info that was presented at court. Now think about all that has occurred with MC and Dennis since Jan 2013.
Think about how MC has refused to represent members of the class because they have opposed the MC way of doing this. MC has given vailed threats no matter how suttle of no support if anyone of class opposes them through secondary people.

Who wants to lay a stay on the court? So we can argue our inclusion? We are waiting 6 months for any money anyway. it will give SISIP time to calculate what we are owed.

Open thoughts give a response.....logical please.

Obviously avatar concealed as impact that would fall out from this discussion will have MC looking to silence the individual who started it. They have tried to do it already with a few members of the class by refusing to represent them because they opposed the MC position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum