Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award?

4 posters

Go down

I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award? Empty Re: I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award?

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Apr 2013, 16:48

Yes, the two Acts are added seperately, and jointly at the same time. Anything awarded under the NVC, is treated as if starting from Scratch. I get 65% from Pension Act, and then received 10% under NVC, then another 3% (1/5 of 15%) for my back, which paid at 15%. So to VAC, I am a 65% PA client, AND a 13% NVC client. If I get another award, in order to get any money for it, it has to be higher than 5%.

The only time they combine the two is to limit you to 100% payment, so if you were say 90% under the PA, and a new disability was assessed at 20% under the NVC, you would only get a payment equaling 10%. The same goes for the PA. If your pension act disability worsens, but the amounts awarded under the NVC bring you to 100%, you will get nothing from the reassessment.

This is the reason those getting PA pensions were given access to the PIA, because there was no longer any possible way to reach 100% under the PA, in order to qualify for the EIA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award? Empty Re: I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award?

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:01

are you previously pensioned under the Pension Act?

and the NVC amount just paid out at 1% equals = $837

From my own circumstance, I am all Pension Act, holding at a odd percentage awaiting other Pension Act claim redress's,

VAC only pays a monthly amount in 5% increments, or so I have been told, and as a result get nothing for the partial percentage given under the Pension Act..

If my entire claim was under 5% under the Pension Act they would give me a single cheque.. Anything over 5% but under that magic increment of 5 results in nothing paid out.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:26

Time to call your CM and get an explanation.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award? Empty I AM Dumbified. AM I Missing Something in my NVC Pension Award?

Post by 2 Truck Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:43

I just received a pension award for $837.
I was given 4 for medical and 1 for QOL for 5% but was contributory at 1/5 so it is 1%
So what amount am I entitled to 1% of? The answer is supposedly $837.
I am VAC pensioned @ 52% already so this NVC thing is new to me.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks
DFW2T

2 Truck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down