Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Backpay going to happen?

2 posters

Go down

ELB Backpay going to happen? Empty Re: ELB Backpay going to happen?

Post by VetWife Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:25

Thanks everyone! One thing at a time, will deal with the SISP retro first then work from there.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 16:15

WOW vet wife a verry good question on one hand the moast secure thing to do is to follow big rexes advise.however you could wait to see if elb will be backpaid and maybe increase your payout if they give backpay and it it structured properly.the best advise i could give is to call MC and ask if their is a cut off date to ask for reinstatement of sisip so you will know how long you can wait for the answer to the elb retro question.wish i could help more.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:19

Vet wife, if he is deemed TPI and getting EELB until 65, he should be able to be reinstated on SISIP, as a totally disabled zero sum member of the class. That would mean retro payments all the way back to his medical release. I would have him call SISIP to see if his name is on any of their reinstatement lists. If not, I would be requesting the third party adjudicator look into his case.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:28

Yes I would writwe them and ask for backpay!
NO, I WOULD CALL THEM! unbeleivable... stay strong and prepare for a fight

Back to top Go down

ELB Backpay going to happen? Empty ELB Backpay going to happen?

Post by VetWife Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:25

Not sure if this question has been asked/answered or not...

My Husband started on SISIP way back in the day, after a few months he was cut off completely as was "zero summed"...He never rec'd his full 2 years and thus we're anticipating some retro from them ...eventually.
Around the time that his SISP was officialy due to run out - october 2008 (if he had have been on it since the beginning) VAC sent a letter to him saying we see your SISIP is going to expire and we have determined that you are eligible for ELB but sorry, you make too much from VAC so you won;t get any money. In november 2012 his ELB was reinstated and I am wondering if the gov't has any plans to make up for the 4 or 5 years we were without this income? Should I be sending a letter to VAC requesting backpay for the ELB that was not paid or? Any suggestions, comments?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum