Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspicious Behavior

+2
bigrex
TripleT
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suspicious Behavior Empty Re: Suspicious Behavior

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:12

Appeal,...appeal,...redress,...redress the snot outta everything,...NEVER GIVE UP!,

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sun 21 Apr 2013, 03:27

And take legal fees from the retro if you are determined tpi by sisip when the retro is not part of the 424 million dollar settlement because it came afterword.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 23:35

TripeT your story is eerily similar from start to finish as my story. i was 3B'd out of Reg Force and denied SISIP benefits. I called a couple of months ago and was told almost the same thing you've been told practically word for word!

I sent my info and related documentation to McInnes Cooper to have it all reviewed by a third party adjudicator as others have suggested you also do. The way i see it, it's senseless to even try and reason with SISIP at this stage when they claim our files are closed because we didn't appeal after 12 months.

In my case, I didn't receive proper diagnosis' until a couple of years AFTER my release which the doctors relate to my military service (PTSD, back problems, G.I. problems, etc).

At least now I know and feel pretty confident that once my file is reviewed by an adjudicator, whatever they come back with as an answer will be the final answer which I'll be satisfied with.

Send your files and info to the law firm and they'll get to the bottom of it all for you/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 20 Apr 2013, 21:15

I am certain you are not alone...not only the struggles and trials of your life that are very common to a lot of us, but the fact that you were not in receipt of Sisip and had no reason to continue to fill out forms and the like. The only reasons I had any contact with Maritime Life/Manulife is that they were deducting child support from my Sisip and I also continued to send in prescription receipts. That is the only link I had. Then to get a cheque from them last August/September, I almost couldn't believe it. TWENTY TWO YEARS had gone by the wayside and then reinstatement. I guess I was fortunate to have kept in touch. Now the waiting is easier knowing I get my monthly benefits. Yours will come too.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Sat 20 Apr 2013, 19:51

I can't help but think about that phone call. I agree with you propat, but there is something seriously wrong about that. Is that the line they were told to use on me? I mean, obviously SISIP was not concerned with unanswered requests for Physicians'Statements and more than likely the last thing that entered their minds was that one day down the road they would have to re-open my file. I'm pissed right now. I think SISIP is up to no good, and now I don't f*****g trust anybody. Not to mention I'm scrambling now to get my foot in the door before I am forced to rely on an adjudicator, with final say without appeal, to save my ass. WTF? OK, maybe I am a little paranoid, but something is going on with SISIP, and I don't think it's legal. I know there are vets out there, who like my self had no idea about the class action, let alone whether or not they were entitled to continued benefits. I never sent in one piece of paper back to SISIP, as a matter of fact, I had no idea what the letters even said. I was lucky enough to have kept those letters which I recently got out of a storage bin up north that I've had for a few years and when I saw the paperwork, I was completely overwhelmed. I thought I was getting 24 months retro. I really had no idea that I had been eligible for continued benefits. Anyway, when I finally got a hold of that lady and she told me I was not eligible for benefits and my file had been closed, I felt this sick feeling in my gut that there was a problem here. Ok, so what about the vet who is no longer in possession of any paperwork showing his status. If he calls SISIP and they feed him the same line and he doesn't contest it because he lost the paperwork and doesn't know if he was eligible or not. With the lady that I talked to on shift that day, she could have been instructed to say that in the hopes that a certain percentage of vets don't know their status and don't contest them. She stood to save Manual Life $150,000.00 just on my case alone. Nope, don't trust them as far as I can throw them. One thing is for certain, it's looking like I will definitely be getting my money long after Zodiak gets his. Sad

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Sat 20 Apr 2013, 18:38

RGEARL

I sent you a pm.

TripleT
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:04

I wonder how much was given out in Bonuses over the years to the SISIP Case Managers for closing Veterans case files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 09:32

tripple t i have no doubt that is what is happening to a lot of people in this organisation you are not seen as a vet you are seen as red ink thats all.these people have become accountants in charge of reduceing red ink .this is one reason i think sisips time of relavence has come and gone.time for elb to take over.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 20 Apr 2013, 05:20

Smell the money

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 20 Apr 2013, 00:47

Triple T, This is why there is going to be a third party adjudicator. She will cry foul if all your paperwork is in order, but SISIP still tries denying your reinstatement. Sure, it's a piss off that you have to go that route, but if you are entitled, you will get your money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Fri 19 Apr 2013, 23:56

I appreciate the discussion on this topic of reinstatement, but I am genuinely concerned that some lady at SISIP told me that I was not eligible for continued benefits when clearly I was. Everything I have in writing indicates that. I wish I could have recorded the conversation because if I didn't know any better, someone at SISIP just tried to deceive me. They worked over my file. They fed me bogus info. As far as I'm concerned they tried to rip me off. How many other guys are there that have had their files tampered with. I may be paranoid but I suspect foul play. Maybe MC should too!

TripleT
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 19 Apr 2013, 14:21

Thanks bigrex. I believe I will be instated , as I never was TPI because I did not submit medical reports due to my VAC being more than the SISIP amount, starting after the 24 month period until current date resulting in more retro.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 12:07

TrippleT; Call me!
RG

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:12

Firebird, I understand your frustration, but it is definitely not over. There is a still a good chance of getting reinstated and getting the full retro you are entitled to. Have faith brother.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 19 Apr 2013, 10:46

Medical Dr, and I had him sent in the report to both SISIP and MC. Sent in to my case manager.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: