Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DENTAL COVERAGE

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DENTAL COVERAGE - Page 2 Empty Re: DENTAL COVERAGE

Post by tiger660 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 07:37

Mudgunner99, did VAC pay 100%?? When I phone the 1-800 number on our VAC card for info, the lady said to tell the dentist office to send the request to the bleue cross. this was done a couple weeks ago and I have not received an answer yet. I have B all across on my card. Usually when the dentist office send a request to sunlife in only takes maximum a week to have an answer, does it takes longer with VAC?

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 20:33

I use my vac coverage all the time for dental work. Without an issue including3 root canals and a bunch of fillings cleanings without an issue or previous authorization hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 17:10

You have to send to VAC the treatment plan. VAC doesn't accept everything, just the basic ( i got B everywhere on my card). If they don't accept it, you will have to go with the sunlife dental plan. For the rest put it on your taxes. ( Dentist know what paper insurance or VAC want before doing the treatement ).

If accept by VAC they will pay 100%

For me VAC pay basic.

I got an operation that VAC has not covered, I have gone with the sunlife dental plan. Sometime it's 80% depending of what job dentist has to do.

The first thing you had to do send the quote and the dental plan to VAC to know if they will cover it, if not send to sunlife the same papers if they will accept it or not.

Do that before involving any money of your Pocket.

If it is an expensive treatment, or many teeth are involve check with the sunlife dental plan what it's the maximum they paid for one year. like myself the treatment plan was 4000.00$ for the two side of my mouth. So The dentist have made one side in december and the other side in february of the next year so it was not in the same year Smile) I got the maximum i can get.. I don't want to throw number but i think it's 2500.00 per year the maximum. But phone them to exactly know and ask them that, ( they will never tell you that if you if you don t ask them)

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 31 May 2013, 16:36

If they say no then claim the balance on your taxes.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 16:02

If your VIP has an 'A' under number 4 all your dental work should be covered
Like Bigrex stated, give VAC a call - it does not hurt call;-)
VAC: 1866-522-2122

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 31 May 2013, 15:50

I would get a quote for the work required from your dentist and then call VAC, as they usually require pre-authorization for most dental work, and it's better to know before hand if you're going to be required to pay out of pocket.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

DENTAL COVERAGE - Page 2 Empty DENTAL COVERAGE

Post by tiger660 Fri 31 May 2013, 15:39

Good day everybody, I hope that someone can help me with my question. I need dental work done, the sunlife insurance pay about 50 percent. does anybody knows if I can claim the other 50 percent from VAC? I do have dental coverage from VAC. thank you for your assistance.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2