Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manulife processed 906 claims in the month June

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Manulife processed 906 claims in the month June Empty Re: Manulife processed 906 claims in the month June

Post by Rifleman Wed 03 Jul 2013, 13:01

Just got home from hospital today on my way home spotted purlator truck up in my neck of the woods this does not happen very often got my hopes up pulled in driveway at this point looks real positive there is a tag on the door holly crap could this be the big moment nope goddam building inspector tag looking for building permit for a deck that was put up three years ago that wasn't bad enough now this stupid app problems time to dig in and have a few beerssss

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Manulife processed 906 claims in the month June Empty Re: Manulife processed 906 claims in the month June

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:33

That would make too much sense JM2...and you know how all governments operate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:21

This plan they have of sending the claims to mC once a month is also soooo wrong. IMHO, claims should be sent to MC when completed, on a daily basis......and paid by MC when they are received.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:52

That's the most realistic & sensible comment in regard to this fiasco, all within 2 sentences...good call birdy. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:22

What the numbers don't demonstrate in real time is how families will slip into social and economic duress while continuing to wait for their claims ~ if they have not already. This should not be viewed by Sisip as a logistical excercise but rather a state of emergency for many of us and therefore should be undertaken with a sense of urgency.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 03 Jul 2013, 09:55

I'm sorry Hamford, but I'm calling BS on that one. Every month in question has only between 20-22 working days once holidays are factored in. The one thing June didn't have, is a stat holiday to act as a distraction.

Apr - apparently they had 4 days
May - 22 days
June - 20 days
July - 22 days
Aug -21 days
Sep -20 days
Oct- 9 days (14th is Thanksgiving)

that equals 108 working days, which allows for 69 files per day to stay on track. But after 46 working days have passed, their average daily output has only been 49 files.

The vast majority of these files should be rather easy, with only zero sum files being complex enough that overpayment is even possible, but there are only around 1200 zero sum clients total (of which, only a handful have been paid). So for 6300+ files, they could be completed in around 5-10 minutes. They know how much the monthly 75% mark was, so as long as the PA pension, and other income sources dido not exceed that amount, the repayment is exactly the same amount as the PA pension deduction. Then multiply that by every month that they were in receipt of benefits and Voila! Impossible for any overpayment to be made in those circumstances.

SISIP knew going into this how many files has to be completed. They knew that there was going to be a limited time frame to get them completed. So for them to willfully fail to take the necessary steps to ensure they could comply with the court order, just screams of contempt. I realize that they have until Oct to pay us, but their progress so far leaves a great deal of doubt as to whether they can achieve that goal or not. after all, they're half way through he allotted time, but less than a third of the way through the payments.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 19:49

Agreed, Trooper. I appreciate the fact that Mr Driscoll offered up what he could...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 17:33

Well at least we got some info today, that's got to count for something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:06

The main thing is not funny to read....... but it is waiting for some Purolator guys to ring at your door.

We cannot change the way they do it, it's their own buiseness, they have a legal paper for that ( Judgement) who is writing on it black on white ....6 months......to do the job and it is check by a third parti.

I know everyone are on a hurry, impatient to received their money, but............ we have to wait

Me too i want my money back, my brother has received his cheque last month and i ,m still waiting...... same family name but.......

They have also no order to give us feedback, to give us information, so if they do it, it's on their own , they had no order to absolutely give us infos.

And for another thing hard to read.................................what we will do with the info..................., if the info tell you will be the last to received your cheque.

Everybody is telling is stressfull to wait, tell yourself you will be the last one to receive it , so you will be happy if it is not the case. But every month it's the same story.

I know that some people will not accept what i wrote and it's ok.

but in 4 months i think almost everybody, except the ones who will have problems with their calculation sheet and the tax impact, will be happy.

So i have no idea how they do it, when i will receive mine, i'm just waiting, morning training, fighting another issues with VAC, trying to see how they do it ( also if it's not my buiseness), writing some posts, and read yours, and trying to have a good day each day, one by one.

i took distance of this issue just for my mental and physical health, so if it's work for me it can be the same for you. For the ones who are too stressfull about that, tell yourself you had to wait and you cannot do nothing to change that. Calling everywhere, writing to everybody at this moment do nothing because they are in their 6 months. They are not oblige to do a certain number of file per month.

Waiting, enjoying your present day, take your daily medication, try to play with your child, try to not eat your banana in one shot Smile

Grosgig ( vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:04

Ok I just read a statement that said, until manulife breaks the Oct 15th deadline, there is nothing that MC can do about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:58

Ok hamdford, thanks for the update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:55

Is it true , is it BS? dont know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:49

they WILL meet the October dead line, they will do more and more.
They were stalled by audition and by the number of working days in June(20).
The fund being limited is not true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:47

ok just spoke to sisip;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:47

Yes I read the email he sent to Tony C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next