Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sisip pay back..

2 posters

Go down

Sisip pay back.. Empty Re: Sisip pay back..

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:23

RR good point about EI and workers comp amd also what about all those rich people who got all the money they paid into EI back because they will never collect due to there high income or the fact that their just rich , look it up on CBC web sight.

when GOC pays us money they took from us and then wants to tax us extra because we were late paying tax says a lot about who we are fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 08:09

Lol rifleman love your humour pro patria

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 09 Sep 2013, 08:01

Yes still says September

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 07:19

Well this whole think stinks of something way to familiar to us but unknown to our civilian counterparts, when we all got our walking papers due to our injuries we had to fight for our VAC pensions, we were told to sucks a dogs balls from SISIP, we could not file for workers comp nor could we file for EI or welfare so I wonder why our government would say we are normal citizens and should be treated as such, well fuckies (GOC) you owe me 1 year EI since I paid into the shit for over 20 years, workers comp for the last 11 years and I want a tax break just like all my normal citizens. Monday and I am already pissed off oh by the way does that asshole APP still say September?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:53

Actually Zero, you only receive 50% if you complete 25 years, and I was only on contract for 20 years, which would have brought me to 40%. I know that for Civilians, even in the public sector, if the employer chooses to break a contract, and the employee is not at fault, they have to provide significant severance packages. Just look at the whistleblower commissioner, she was actually fired after 4 years of her 10 year contract, and was paid almost half a million in severance and she was getting a full pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Sep 2013, 00:57

Actually Rex, I think that you lost 20% if you only did 15 full years. Under the 20/40 plan, if you fulfill your complete contract, you're automatically bumped up to the 50% plateau, then it's back to 2% for every completed year afterward. I didn't get my 20 due to my 3A medical and had quite a few years remaining on my contract. It should be that if you're involuntarily let go due to medical reasons only, it should be assumed that you would have completed your contract and you should be pensioned CFSA accordingly. Like I previously mentioned, I know of quite a few who went through RMC only to have the remainder of their contracts bought out once they completed their degrees...so if they can do that with those of sound body and mind, why can't they do that with those released under a permanent medical condition. Even those who served on UN duty who were injured were immediately pensioned from the date of the injury, some even going another 10 years in the service before a medical release...NOTHING was clawed back from them. Still though, it's like you're being penalized for a release you have no control over, and what adds insult to injury, they claw it back at 65. The system needs to be brought up to date, modernized if you will to at least get their thinking out of the 1950s. Civilians don't go through this crap when injured on the job, why the hell should we?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 07 Sep 2013, 22:30

Sparrow, I do know that they have changed this particular issue with the new TOS that was brought in. Now you can get a pension if medically released after just 3 years. Unfortunately, they haven't increased the percentages earned each year or a decent minimum amount, so after 3 years, the pension would only be 6% or roughly $250/month.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:35

I agree Bigrex and I would also like to add that those like myself with less than 10 years service do not even get a reduced pension instead they get return of contributions. If a soldier is released for medical reasons they should receive a pension regardless of pensionable time.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:25

Zero, Ive always said that only the military can get away with penalizing you when they are the ones who choose to breach a contract. Everyone who is medically released should be entitled to the pension that they would have recieved at the end of their current contract. I was released just after 15 years, so I lost 10% off my pension, and as a maxed out Spec 1 Leading Seaman, that equals almost $500 dollars per month that I lost due to the CF choosing to release me before my contract ended.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 20:40

Thank you:) Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 19:43

You're right Rex...plain and simple, whatever they took from your SISIP that was an amount from VAC, that's what you're entitled to...and of course they deduct all other sources of income first. Basically, if you were in long enough to get CFSA and are getting CPP, there's not much wiggle room left to get up to that 75%. You know though, it should be that if you were involuntarily released due to a medical and are getting CFSA, they really shouldn't deduct that either from SISIP...as the release wasn't voluntary. It would be nice if the powers that be thought that way, but since those pencil pushers are safely tucked behind desks and don't feel that our disabilities warrant some appreciation, because the worst they can get is a paper-cut...then they will never change that rule, but it would be nice though...being disabled is bloody expensive and every dollar counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 07 Sep 2013, 09:35

I know where Judy is coming from. I've talked with some Vets who assumed that just because they had been getting a certain amount from VAC and that as zero sum clients, that was automatically the amount going to be paid in retro. They failed to realize that SISIP would first deduct CF pension, CPP(D) and 100% of any employment earnings, since they were likely not on a SISIP approved rehab program at the time. So, even if their PA pension alone was more than their SISIP benefit, they could actually see very little of that money back, if they had income from any of these other sources.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Sep 2013, 08:36

SORRY did not mean to ramble: Embarassed I do understand it is only the DVA.. But some of the people i have talked to do not !! I myself had a 3b releaes and on LTD since 2002 no ccp no job ...Cool Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 23:41

I don't quite understand what you're rambling about there JJ. Wink SISIP is ONLY paying back the VAC offset that was clawed back. It has nothing to do with CPPD or working...besides, who claims disability if they can work? Sounds shady to me...but if you did get CPPD, CFSA or worked, that amount is still removed from your refund...only the clawback you get back. So, if your SISIP was at 70% because of your CPPD, CFSA and working, and the VAC money put you over the top of 75%...all you'd be getting back is the 5%, and that's it.

Back to top Go down

Sisip pay back.. Empty Sisip pay back..

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 21:50

Hi every one ..Has anyone been keeping up with the chatter on  sisip F/B:affraid:  ???Some still do not know that sisip is only paying back the DVA and if your dva is more than your sisip they are only payin back what sisip would of paid if no dva no CCP(D) and if you worked..one half of that pay...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum