Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RRSP

Go down

RRSP Empty Re: RRSP

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:53

I'm getting really ticked off with hearing that word, CLAWBACK...if they use it again, I'm digging old Freddy Kruger up and he'll give a good CLAWBACK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:42

https://www.cfmws.com/en/aboutus/sisipfs/insurance/pages/long-term-disability.aspx

Here it says, * Other relevant sources of income include:

The Canadian Forces Superannuating Act (CFSA) benefits;
The primary benefits under the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP); and
Any employment income.

So you can see that RRSP income is NOT clawed back. If they did it to RRSP, then they would have to claw back capital gains as well.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:35

YES taxes Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:34

Well thank you zs i thought it was so,, someone on the sisip F/B site said they were clawed back, so I did check my paperwork and nothing was entered for the rrsp..You can not belive half of the stuff said on that site..Smile Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:26

I wouldn't think so Judy...that might be like SISIP reducing your monthly amount if you withdrew money from the bank...I do know that you'll be dinged for taxes again though...and that always sucks.

Back to top Go down

RRSP Empty RRSP

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:20

Does any one know the true facts about cashing in a rrsp ?? Is it clawed back from sisip ??I would say no because that money was money taken out of ones pension at one time..If it is clawed back wouldnt the interest of the cheque from MC be clawed back also ?? Just askin...
affraid affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down