Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 month retro/intrest

+9
Rifleman
bigrex
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
peep
HAPPYCRAZY
devans156
Teentitan
puddleduk2
13 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

4 month retro/intrest - Page 11 Empty Re: 4 month retro/intrest

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 18:43

True...I said to them, "what do you want with my measly tax dollars when you have Sapper's contribution to look forward to".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 18:24

I couldn't have said that better but I heard if you mention Sapper to CRA , CRA gives you a pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 18:22

Depending on your medical condition...you may be able to write part of your house off as a medical expense...since you probably picked it to ease your daily burden...right? Wink Right? WinkWink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 18:10

I believe she called because I mentioned that I was moving to my new Sisip paid house and they knew I needed the money for my driveway and fence!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 18:06

Don't feel guilty about getting more money Nav...we'll all have our loot before you see it anyway, so biggie. Just think of it as a final tease...besides, they can't fork over those 4 months yet anyway, as they're still gathering the ever-rising Sapper retro amount. I hope that the GoC doesn't increase taxes to pay off the "Sapper Retro"! They'll probably call it the SRT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 17:35

I feel kinda guilty since so many haven't received there regular retro yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 17:26

Think 4 month retro on the way , my cm at sisip asked if I wanted it direct deposited today!

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 22 Sep 2013, 22:40

Hi Colzula

I think they will have to cut the last checks and the 4 months all at the same time now. They created this mess so they better deal with it.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 09:51

Colzula got the same info about 3 months ago about the first week of november. but I haven't herd about it again! so I guess no news is good news and that the 15 oct dead line is the newest objective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 09:48

I hope it comes next year as this year I will likely be in a higher tax bracket then next year unless I can pull some sort of a tax rabbit out of my ass. that way I can keep more of it. however the GOC knows this as well and will make sure you have it this year as they in no way want to get 1/4 of it back when they can get 1/2.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 21:03

I am wondering if I will receive the four month cheque before I get my 26 year retro cheque? Regardless of what information Sisip told me I truly hope it was incorrect information and everyone is completed first week of Nov and soon after the four month cheque arrives for everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 19:33

The beauty of this forum is for everyone to have their say...I for one like reading what Rex posts...he has his opinions, just as I have mine and you have yours GD. Obviously, we can all get pretty bitter and twisted, and depending on what someone may say, you may not like it...but as Rex says, you don't have to read it, let alone comment on it. We all have our own individual reasons for our ailments...some walk, some can't walk, some don't even know what day it is...and some try to find a reason everyday to keep going on. Remember, the enemy here is not one another, but the institutions that are letting us down daily. I think that sometimes perhaps this forum, without the benefit of personal contact can be tough to deal with, because you don't see the emotions of the person saying them...maybe one day in the future we might all meet to continue fighting for our rights...whether it be by walking, limping, crawling, wheeling or by videophone, then maybe, just maybe things might be a little more understandable to see why a person may need to blow off some steam, or lash out at SISIP, MC, DM or JC...keep in mind people, we're not who we once were, so by definition, we're going to act out of sorts...shit happens. We all have our crosses to bear, each one for a very different reason...but there are a few factors that brings us all here together, it's the reckoning and understanding of what we all lost while in the service for our country...whether someone was injured during wartime, or peacetime...we're all still maimed and believe it or not, no other can understand better what we all struggle with daily than another disabled veteran, no matter how they became that way. Imagine all of us wounded warriors stuck in the same boat...naturally, there'll be some bitterness and disagreements...maybe a few knockdown, drag out scraps, with canes flying everywhere...but hopefully what we still share between one another despite not agreeing with someone else's opinions, should be gratitude and respect for one another. Just like everyone here, I have my injuries and scars...seen and unseen, but I'm not better or worse than any one of you...just different is all, but first and foremost a veteran...just like each and every one of you...and I'm proud to be part of such an esteemed group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 15:45

Actually a shit load of good stuff happened in this case. 1.  It on took 6 to 8 years to end|||| a case like this could take 15 to 20. 2.  We are paying half of what many others in other cases are paying in leagle fees.  Every body will get his money in 6 months!!!!! that is very very good.  As for your medical situation I can't agree more with you.  But we suffer in some way or another, at the hearing I was the shayky guy that did not remember his name.  If difficulty walking is a bitch imagine not remembering wy!!!!!! For being agree at the world I understand very well, I lost 7 years of my life that way.  One day I was listening to a old women that was diying and see said the only thing I can go right at the present time is smile and be happy, and I will remain happy until I die.  It's the only thing I can really control!!!! So as myself and many others like us, we are what came back, we will never be what we where, but one thing is sure, we did come back.  So for that, my wife,my kids,and myself I will be happy every day that I live.  Hoping and waiting for some burocrat to do his job I no long wait, I live.  I yes I do agree this is a grate place to let off steam, I some times do it myself. Thanks for your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:56

I'm sorry you feel that way, but for many of us it isn't all sunshine and roses. You've been reinstated and getting back a crapload of money back, but as I recall, don't even need a cane to get around. In fact, at the hearing, other than a handful of canes in the crowd, I was the only Veteran there with severe limitations in mobility, but yet still not totally disabled in the eyes of SISIP. So for someone who at age 41, and has progressed from needing crutches, to a cane, to 2 canes, then to a walker, since 2004, can you blame me for being a little bitter when I see someone who was accepted as totally disabled years ago walking around pain free.

So other than winning the case, I haven't seen very many positive things occur during this entire process. So if you choose not to read what I post, then that is your right, and it is my right to post whatever I want, as long as it meets the rules of the forum.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:11

An old saying goes that no news is good news. So as long as we hear nothing for sissip or MC clearly mean all is well. No they will not send out extra info just because we are the last. Bigrex, I think you need to relax a little, you are turning everything negativelly and that in part destructive, Some days I do not even read your poste and that for two reasons. 1. You rarelly bring new info and 2. your always negative. If nobody has the balls to tell you I will. Take a day OFF !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next