Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tories tables supplemental spending estimates

Go down

Tories tables supplemental spending estimates Empty Re: Tories tables supplemental spending estimates

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:23

sparrow I couldn't agree more fire it in and expect nothing like filling out those doctors forms from SISIP all theses years even though it was for nothing. sure in the SISIP case it worked out for those that didn't with maybe just a little bit of wait for your appeal but sometimes that is not always the case so cover your but and GET IT ON PAPPER.

propat

Back to top Go down

Tories tables supplemental spending estimates Empty Re: Tories tables supplemental spending estimates

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:49

It would also be prudent based on what Navster and Bigrex  have posted to get the RC4288E Request For Tax Payer Relief CRA Form submitted ~ even if the application is likely denied, we don't know what legal recourses will be available in the future based on ELB and Sisip LTD outcomes et al and it would wise to have it noted legally that you applied. Just a thought and echoed by Propat who did all the research on this form for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:23

But I hope the elb retro goes thru and goes thru fast but interesting thing that was brought up to me about fairness and how will it be implemented is us sisip ltd claimants had to give 9 percent in legal fees to get our money back , if , they do the elb retro will it be 9 percent short because elb and ltd are the same for all purposes , so if this goes ahead , which a lot of people doubt, sisip ltd claimants are penalized 9 percent while the elb are not, it opens interesting doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:19

This also could be the money needed for the thousands of extra claimants that have come forward plus the GOC gives sisip in an account the entire money to be paid for an ltd claim till age 65 , so if a guy gets deemed tpi at age 30 , that's 35 more years of ltd payments assuming he doesn't die or get better that the government has to pay, so all our future ltd payments are already sitting in a manulife account waiting to be paid out. This was explained to me by Pete from sisip

Back to top Go down

Tories tables supplemental spending estimates Empty Tories tables supplemental spending estimates

Post by bigrex Mon 18 Nov 2013, 09:49

Tories have tabled a list of additional money that will be spent, and the below struck me as interesting. Since the retro for the lawsuit is already spent, or at least set aside, this money may be to pay the ELB retro.

"National Defence needs $693-million, of which $514.3-million is to settle the class action lawsuit led by Canadian Forces veteran Dennis Manuge regarding a pension claw-back for veterans. DND is also looking for $400-million “to support the ongoing implementation of the Canada First Defence Strategy,” in terms of readiness, growth and new equipment."
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down