Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The significance of silent retreat

3 posters

Go down

The significance of silent retreat Empty Re: The significance of silent retreat

Post by Dove96 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:30

I do meditation regularly. Different types. It helps with pain, sleep and peace of mind.

A retreat would be nice. The closest one I could find was a spa/retreat 4 hours away.
I tried it. It was wonderful - all inclusive. I felt great taking advantage of the yoga meditation and tranquil atmosphere. Problem is - VERY VERY expensive. I could only afford 2 nights. Not likely to do it again. I could go to Cuba on a 10 days all inclusive for the same price. I bet I could do a lot of meditation on the beach. sunny

Last edited by Dove96 on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 09:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 20:35

To me just the Idea  of anyone that is struggling with their condition and or conditions who takes it upon themselves to search different things in trying to find something that would help them out somewhat, be it Buddhist Mediation - or anything that they can try to lesson somewhat their everyday struggle, is definitely a step in the right direction.

I do think that in order for anyone to really succeed, they must really want to take the time to research things, in other words they must really want it, and believe in it.

So wanting it would in my mind be a good first step.

There are no magic solutions, just as there's no magic pill, it is in my view simply a way to figure out what does work for you.
Once something is found, things will get better for you, we are not looking for a cure, we are looking for something to somewhat better ourselves in our daily challenges, in  whatever it is that we find.

Keeping a positive attitude is important, difficult, absolutely, impossible, absolutely not.

It is definitely out there, we just have to find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:39

I haven't done a 'retreat' whether 3 or 10 days myself but I have been practicing 'Buddhist meditation' for a couple of months now and the result is superb. Silence really helps, we just need to know how to use it as an effective tool. As someone that is clinically depressed - silence is probably one of the worst moment one would ever be at. In the past, I was scared of the silent moments especially in the middle of the night after many sleepless nights. I remember some nights of taking between 6-8 sleeping pills just to fall and get some sleep. Now, with 'meditation' I do not take any meds to fall asleep. I still don't get more than 4-6 hours of sleep at any given time but my mind is clearer every morning. With meditation' - 'mindfulness' will come naturally and pain level will be in a much lower scale. Silence and darkness no longer scares me; they are a necessity to have a proper 'meditation'. Nothing works by itself, I combine my 'meditation' with a lot of things - Guitar lesson, voice lesson, Physio, massage, psychologist. Physically, I am more tired than ever but as long that my mental pain or suffering does not exist - physical pain is just as when we were young soldiers - it will go away as 'everything must and will pass'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 24 Dec 2013, 10:02

Hey johannacasandra that actually makes a "World of Sense" , having been a former Sniper & Competitive shooter at National levels , Biathlete at International Level, & Ironman , I used the silent retreat / mental awareness to play out every single move , P & P , I made to execute perfection with every ski stride or shot release & follow through to put me in the top 1 % in the world . it gave me an unbelieveable sense of Confidence to beat the best .

Thanks for the taking me back down memory lane .................

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 07:55

lol, i see not the silence but be blessed in thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:53

Hmm cool. Ever do it yourself?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

The significance of silent retreat Empty The significance of silent retreat

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 22:50

Silence is always regarded as a golden tool that is so powerful enough to let you look deep into yourself and understand the relationship existing between the inner and the outer worlds. As a matter of fact, the art of silent retreat is used for spiritual awakening by several traditions across the globe. The silence retreat india is regarded to be a popular one amongst the related retreat adopted by other traditions across the globe. Silence is not regarded as an action that cuts off the aspect speech, but is also something that helps you to cut off the mental stress or activity. A silence retreat can always help you to create the perfect platform for performing a self evaluation. This could help you to understand and change the aspects in life that you were never aware off or you could not pick up because of hectic life style that you followed.
There are several silent retreat programs that are offered by different wellness agencies or ashrams today. Each of these ashrams offer high quality silence retreat programs that can help you to gain several physical health benefits. When you are following a silent retreat program, you are supposed to stick with some special diet patterns so that you can utilize all the features of the program to the fullest. When following a silent retreat your body is also benefited in such a way so that the digestive power increases and thereby it increases blood circulation which in turn relieves stress.
Choose the best silence retreat program for the best results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down