Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes

Go down

Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes Empty Re: Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 11 May 2014, 23:27

Thanks, Digger, I read this on the CRA site a few days ago. What upsets me is that for it seems CRA has neglected to encompass the 1198 in assessing the veterans tax return and the veteran who is already having more difficulties dealing with their medical issues must submit yet more forms and standby and hope that things work out. It really peeves me when the Ombudsman cannot pickup the damn phone and talk to the minister and tell her that her staff is causing yet more undo and unnecessary stress to the individual veteran. In my humble opinion none of these beancounters want to talk on the responsibility to ensure tax centres across the country are told that they need to be aware that several thousand veterans submitting their tax forms this year that a large portion will have an 1198 accompanying. To many on here have commented that they got their NOA back and no notice to the 1198 calculations. Utter crap as far as I am concerned, leadership is nowhere to be found with many of the fools we are forced to deal with. It is a good thing they are politicians because they would not make it if they had a real job. That is my rant for today.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes Empty Re: Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 22:00

thanks again digger great stuff.

propat

Back to top Go down

Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes Empty Taxpayers Ombudsman ~ Options To Handling Any Issues We Encounter With CRA and 2013 Taxes

Post by Ex Member Sun 11 May 2014, 21:22

If you feel your service rights have not been respected by the CRA, there are three steps to resolve your service-related issue. You must follow these steps prior to contacting the Office of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman.
1.Try to resolve the service-related issue with the CRA employee you have been dealing with or phone the number you have been given.
2.If the service issue is not resolved, speak with the employee’s supervisor.
3.If you are not satisfied with the way your service-related issue is being handled, file a formal complaint with the CRA’s Service Complaints program by completing Form RC193, Service-Related Complaint. For more information, visit Service Complaints

http://www.oto-boc.gc.ca/sbmttng/mkng-eng.html

Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman
50 O'Connor Street, Suite 724
Ottawa ON  K1P 6L2
Canada
1-866-586-3839

RC193 Form
Service - Related Complaint
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc193/README.html

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down