Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPINIONS/COMMENTS on the 3 Jun 2014 NVC Report

+2
bigrex
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

OPINIONS/COMMENTS on the 3 Jun 2014 NVC Report - Page 3 Empty Re: OPINIONS/COMMENTS on the 3 Jun 2014 NVC Report

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 23:44

ya bigrex it really looks like a maximum to me. although by definition it actually could be either if you look at the wording they use the words "up to the net income threshold of 70,000.00".

so the max annual payment would be 85% of 70,000.00 of course that would be without all of the deductions.

propat

Back to top Go down

OPINIONS/COMMENTS on the 3 Jun 2014 NVC Report - Page 3 Empty Re: OPINIONS/COMMENTS on the 3 Jun 2014 NVC Report

Post by cosmo12 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:00

I propat;

Excuse me my french so your understanding is at the end the max will be 85% of 70,000 max. So that mean that they will not deduct your CFSA from your ELB ? Am I correct the way I understand that ?? If so at the end it will be less that we have right now witch does not make sense. I ask the OVO to look at this and Mr. Parent told me that upon his return from France for D-Day ceremonie an official clarification will be ask.

thanks

cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:11

cosmo sory about that I should have been more clear .

I put without all the deductions.

to be more clear I should have put BEFORE ALL THE DEDUCTIONS.

they will still deduct what they were deducting before as per policy as I see no recommendations in regards to deductions.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:21

im not sure if this will lead to more ore less the main ambiguity to me is the word "NET".

how will they calculate "NET".

until that question is answered its really hard to say if it will mean more ore less for the lowest earners however it is apparent that the highest earners will receive less.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:21

I am not on elb and have never applied. Being old charter 104% with EIA and now receive sisip ltd. Do I apply for elb now in light of the possibility of elb being extended beyond 65 and dva knowing I am unable to work? Not sure how the charter will affect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:25

digger YES YES YES!!!!!!!

just to be clear you should have done this a long time ago so you want to do this YESTERDAY !!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 06 Jun 2014, 09:54

There are too many factors that are still unknown. I also think that the $70000 is the upper limit, but that is not confirmed. How could they be able to deduct taxable income, from what would now be a non taxable benefit? How will they determine a person's net income? It's not like they can use the net income from before our release, because, besides inflation, people likely had additional pay on top of their base salary, like the PLD, sea/field/air pay, and isolation pay, that affected the taxes we paid. But there were also more deductions from our pay, than just income tax, like EI, CPP, etc, that would have reduced our net salary.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:10

yes bigrex not confirmed but when they use the words "UP TO the net income threshold of 70,000.00".

I cant see any other way to see it as the words UP TO seem to me to be very definitive.

this would all be a lot clearer with one question answered.

how will they calculate NET income?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 11:05

Thanks Propat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 13:00

I was on EELB and received nothing because of the clawback. As soon as sisip ltd started up again I was removed from EELB , I once had that little green box on rehab on my account then sisip ltd started and without so much as a letter I was off EELB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 18:06

Do you have to reapply Nav for ELB in the event ELB is extended beyond the years LTD covers you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 18:55

Hope I am not monopolizing this thread about ELB but I am confused somewhat. What reason could I possibly justify to DVA for applying for ELB when I am on Sisip LTD, CPP D, 104% DVA, Clothing Allowance and EIA (no dnd pension). Is not the purpose of ELB is to participate in Voc Rehab training when it has been medically determined unfeasible in my case to any viable  status. I can only see DVA automatically denying the ELB application based on my inability to work. Any clarification would help. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:02

I Digger, there is two ELB their is the one for short term (i.e: during rehab) and EELB (Extended ELB) for those who are TPI (Totally Permanent Incapacitated) with the policy still in affect the last one goes up to 65. If they change it, it will go for life. If I was you I would apply because if you get your TPI status that gives you the EELB if I am not mistaken. Hope this help. Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:23

Thank you cosmo. When I just checked on DVA web site there is not an EELB  specific application only an ELB application which I completed and forwarded. Is it the same initial form/process  for both ELB and EELB.  Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 20:30

digger the purpose has nothing to do with rehab except for the fact you need to be accepted for the rehab program to receive ELB. please do not confuse rehab with voc rehab . rehab has a lot of different parts voc rehab is only one part.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next