Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada

2 posters

Go down

VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada Empty Re: VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada

Post by pinger Wed 11 Jun 2014, 23:22

Outofthecountry wrote...
But I think "where that is" should not matter.
Darn it Crying or Very sad , I wanted to hire a maid in St. Bart's. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada Empty Re: VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun 2014, 11:04

Thanks for the inputs guys. I am waiting for the VAC official response to my question. VIP relates to "independence" so that the person can live within his/her home and not move to some nursing home etc. But I think "where that is" should not matter. I still live in my own home but I guess VAC needs the CMs to visit my house one time and that would become costly. Surely that need can easily taken care through technology using video and photos

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:50

VIP is for clients living in Canada to stay in their homes as long as they can. It is not a program for clients that decide to live outside of Canada.

It's like British vets who live in Canada. Their vet pension is frozen at the amount they leave Britain. They are not eligible for cost of living increases.

I know your not British but it's a comparison to your situation.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:27

just me throwing it out here but my CM came to look at my old house and once again my new one to confirm the size of the house , yard , driveway and such before they could presses and continue my VIP . im thinking this my have something to do with this but im just guessing .

propat

Back to top Go down

VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada Empty VIP benefits for vets outside of Canada

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:12

As most of you are aware, vets lose VIP if they move outside of Canada. Does anyone know the reason why? Its a benefit I want to get back but existing policy says I am no longer eligible. It doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else outside of Canada on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down