Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help-veterans affairs application

2 posters

Go down

Help-veterans affairs application  Empty Re: Help-veterans affairs application

Post by prawnstar Thu 08 Jan 2015, 15:31

Newf I will send you a pm

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Thu 08 Jan 2015, 14:47

Prawn star, thanks for that great advice. I do have a bad back like you explained but it's not a disability and I have never applied to vac for back pain. Does that matter? Do I need to submit evidence (hazardous incident reports, medical evidence, etc) to show my back and neck issues along with with the sleep apnea application?
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 08 Jan 2015, 11:45

I would start with the easiest service related injury/condition. If you have a bad back which is duty related start with that and build from there. Bad back leads to inability to exercise which leads to bouts of depression which leads to bad eating habits which leads to sleep apnea. The important thing is to link one of these to your job. Your doc has to articulate that very clearly and you should have all the evidence you can get to support your case. Treat it like an investigation and you are gathering all the evidence for the crown. Not sure but I think Sun Life does cover CPAP machines. If that's what you need it would be a lot easier than going thru VAC. Hope this helps.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Help-veterans affairs application  Empty Help-veterans affairs application

Post by Newf Wed 07 Jan 2015, 18:06

I have applied to vac for obstructive sleep apnea disability as a direct result of my RCMP service. The doctor has filled out his portion of the vac application. He is going to stae the weight gain over a ten year period, lack of exercise facilities at isolate posts and LDP, and medication contributed to me getting this condition. I am concerned vac will deny my application because I CHOOSE not to exercise and to eat foods that made me gain weight. I am more inclined on my part of the application to directly suggest this condition developed because of being overworked, staff shortages, on call, and stress. Along with my allergies and the medication i I was taking to help me sleep and for back pain. Should I highlight ALL these factors? What is recommended way to service connect this? Should I be wordy in outlining the events and my explaination of why I feel this is service connected? Any help is appreciated?
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down