Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foresight and the CRA

2 posters

Go down

Foresight and the CRA Empty Re: Foresight and the CRA

Post by pinger Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:12

I don't get a pension statement for said purposes. Was less than 10 years. My dva disability pension prior to 2006 is non taxable as well so... off the radar I go. Aside from being a elb write off, I spent 4 hours this afternoon trying to get a simple receipt for last years pshcp premiums. Ya know, just a $700 receipt for simple tax purposes.

Now a $700 income tax deduction might not amount to a hill of beans. But maybe $50?
It's the principle.

Here's the numbers I called:

Sunlife, 877-283-1411.
AFPO, 800-267-0325,
RCMP PO? 800-561-7930,
PSHCP Admin, 800-267-6542

None of them had an answer or a receipt to send, they just gave me the others phone number.
Things are getting outsourced quickly. 3rd parties.

Will go to my local office Sad and cm next week to inquire'

Happy Friday the 13th. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 12 Feb 2015, 15:40

Pinger all you need to prove your premiums is to use your yearly pension statement. It has your monthly premiums so multiply by 12 and photocopy the statement for your taxes as proof.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 12 Feb 2015, 15:36

Teen, tx for the refresher that my memory doesn't recall.

I got itemized pre-authorized premium receipts for health and dental (Sunlife) from my bank.
For tax purposes.

Maybe old news to some but I'm new on that chart. Could not get a receipt from sunlife, vac, or any version of pshcp.
They don't issue them to the best I can figure.But it can It can add up for your benefits ... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:20

You are allowed to claim your monthly premiums for health insurance and dental on your yearly taxes under the medical portion.
If you had central air installed in 2014 for health reasons you can claim it under medical. All you need is a prescription from your doctor stating the person must live in a controlled environment.
If you bought a hot tub for your knees, back, neck etc you can claim it under medical portion. All you need is a prescription from your doctor that the person needs aqua therapy for related injury.
If you had to pay for any daily living aid (lift chair, hand rails, ramps) you can claim it under medical. Again get a prescription from your doctor. This also includes canes, crutches, air casts, knee braces etc.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Foresight and the CRA Empty Foresight and the CRA

Post by pinger Sat 07 Feb 2015, 20:21

Was talking to a longtime friend who got audited last year. He was expected to get crucified, but came up smelling like a rose because he kept his receipts and paperwork.
He's not a vet, just a civie medical fubar but irregardless. What could or should WE do better for OUR purposes and best practices in our CRA ... DVA endeavours?

Not talking sisip here particularily, that thread is a rightful website on it's own Teen!  Talking proactive stuff like for instance... I need a new stupid chair thingy to shower pale  but this time it will be recorded poc with a prescription from my doctor pre-empting my pia re-app. But what about benefits that are not so transparent? Out of pocket stuff come tax time?
Stuff we don't think about but should.

What about benefits that are under the radar for us guys and gals? CRA / VAC / and the GOC ain't gonna invite us for their deficeit any time soon.

BTW... I must say, some members here are very sharp cookies re: cra, and our (goc) tax debacles in general. You know who you are and you could do donuts around CRA.    I commend you...

pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: