Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

+4
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Recon031
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 03:48

ya miss the running to buds the it really makes the head clean cold and clear . oh except hangover morning runs they can get downright messy lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by pinger Sat 28 Mar 2015, 01:17

Thank you Teen. I did ask my pain clinic and physio shop a while back, they never heard of it. Don't know much about it but I will find out more. My doctor I gotta ask too. 
It's a better route than all the pills and cheap whiskey... 

A list of exercises propat? Had them years ago also. But jeez, I miss jogging and running dam it.
We must all play with the cards dealt to us though.  And that can be a sob.  pinger.

Sorry,this thread is supposed to be about elections and legislations, not physio LOL
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 27 Mar 2015, 18:01

Pinger go to Home Depot, Rona and I think Loews has infrared sauna's. I have one and the penetrating heat really helps my back and knees.

Ask your doctor if infrared heat treatment will help your condition. If you get a yes then ask for a prescription and then claim the cost of the sauna on your taxes under medical.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2015, 17:42

lol been a long time for me I think they just sent me because they had to.

went once buddy said not much I can do for you but let me see something first .

he strapped me down and moved a few thing . then had me move a couple of things against pressure and that was it.

half an appointment and he said nothing here I can help ya with. ya should keep these things strong so here is a list of exercises ya can do these at home.

see ya

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 27 Mar 2015, 17:23

Same thing here. My last dozen physio appts, they gave up on me. Said I could keep coming for appts, they could keep billing dva but there was no improvement they could foresee. At least they were honest though.
Gotta try/find that 140 degree infra-red zapper. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 27 Mar 2015, 11:57

I was going twice a week for a few months, and every time, I would walk out worse off than I went in, and took a few days to recover, just in time for my next appointment. Eventually my therapist said that there was no improvements to my RoM or pain level, so there was no sense continuing. Basically, months of paid torture, for zero benefit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2015, 08:42

Physio only works if it is done every day for the rest of your life who the hell is going to go though that. Last time i went to physio veterans stuck me with a 385 dollar physio bill i had to pay for myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 20 Mar 2015, 17:36

you have to getting paid at 100% under the Pension Act (98% or greater), to apply for EIA. PIA on the other hand is not as restrictive. Obviously your CM feels that your medical condition with greatly improve with physio. but in my experience, physio often hurts more than helps chronic condition.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 Mar 2015, 16:55

If your disability amount with Veterans Affairs is more than 90 or 95% , not sure which it is , you can apply for exceptional incapacity allowance.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Fri 20 Mar 2015, 15:47

Dannypaj. I was wonder if you could hElp me I got some questions about PIA about how you go about filing for it my CM told me she would file it but not until I finish my physio, it's a bitch cause I haven't done it in twenty years. The exercise is helping my muscles but killing my knees and ankles. I was told march of dimes makes the decision

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 13:42

Another interesting time for veterans ......now when they fixed all this ...it will be an echo chamber in here! --NOT!!--  ..............Somehow I feel the government will fall short ........ how could we trust them this time!

I really feel the motivation are law suits,elections and the future need of lots more soldiers due to the conflicts in Russia,Syria & with ISIS.
We are going back to combat very soon ....we will have little or no choice!

Recruiting, if they are seen as uncaring and not taking care of the veterans, will suffer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 13:37

If a change of mind is hapening, well it will be for the best. To bad (the system) had to be pussed so hard to get things moving. The elections may be one cause of this another could be the staguering cases of law suits popping up. Canada's reputation is paying dealy for it. On the other M. Harper wants our Country to be more offencise in international maters. I agree wiht that but you need to be able to handle the after math!!!!! The one question sheet sounds good as long as the questions are in simple language and understandable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:37

From the conversations with the Ministers staff the plan is to have the veteran fill out one application.

From that one application it is then CC'd (best way I can describe it) to all the other benefits available to the veteran. That way the veteran is not tied up with endless applications and red tape.

They have another 60 days to come up with a "model" to do a beta test on it.

There is going to be a flurry of administrative changes, legislation changes until the House stands for the election.

That said any bills will be in the Senate so they don't die on the floor at election time. VAC has been given their administrative orders and are now working on the changes from now until the end of the election and beyond that.

The real loud noise coming from PEI right now is the filing cabinet doors that have never been opened are now opening. Keyboards are working overtime. A huge collective groan of having to change habits is also in the sounds coming from PEI.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:28

Honestly, I do not see how they can merge all of these benefits into a single pension, even if they want to, since everyone is different. You could take a hundred veterans at random, and I bet no two would be getting the exact same amount. There are just too many variables, like the level of disability for the PA pension, marital status, number of children, rank, and even trade, at the time of release. They could be getting one of 5 different levels of attendance Allowance, Clothing Allowance, level of PIA, and whether or not they get the PIA supp as well. Then add on the complexity of merging taxable, and non taxable benfits, and it just becomes impossible.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:26

I just read a post in this thread where it is stated that they would like to combine everything. How would that work exactly and does anyone know if it would apply to those of us under the Old Charter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next