Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winds of Change are Blowing!

4 posters

Go down

The Winds of Change are Blowing! Empty Re: The Winds of Change are Blowing!

Post by Dannypaj Sun 22 Mar 2015, 11:04

Joining the Canadian Forces was to be a life long commitment for myself hence signing the IE.   Medically released! so now what do I do. (being a Commissionaires was my saving grace), pay sucked, but still had a uniform...lol. Yes, I encountered hardship with the whole process of VAC reviewing my file and addressing my situation, but I am getting through it.  I also had financial hardship, but are family survived (renewing our mortgage and consolidating does wonders). 

I lost out on pay, promotion and possibilities.  You rags, like I, had the wool pulled over our eyes for some time.  Maybe finally they will address everyone's concerns as individuals through their centric approach.

I think this is a learning curve for everyone involved in the care of their Veterans? Who knows. 

Veteran Centric Approach,  this is hopefully the solution. 

I want to be treated fairly......bottom line.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:00

Danny really good legal point,
If medically released on an IE then one can assume you would have been employed and promoted throughout that time and legally the system has an obligation to cover those years as lost income as it would be on civi street. I was Med released with a promotion to Maj sitting in the basket and my IPS beside it. I signed my IPS after a huge argument as they said your going to be med released in the future. Still signed it so they have a contract with me till 55. If it was civy street they would be negotiating a buy out of all those years or if responsible for injury paying that wage till 55.

It is an interesting angle.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:19

Here little doggies, I will throw you a few bones and start to separate you because you were becoming United and that was not what we the government wanted as divided we have a chance.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:26

New blog! Ombudsman webpage.
I would love to see the new criteria for the PIA.
If it is designed to compensate for working in a low paying job and lost career opportunities. I wonder how they will put a dollar amount on this.
Career advancement in the military? Who are VAC to say that you are only deserving of this prescribed amount because, according to our chart here, you were an NCM. Career progression in the military vs to civilian street in my opinion would be like comparing apples to oranges. My career progression? I signed a 14 year I.E. A couple of weeks later was medically released. I repeat, Medically released by DMCARM. One would think that if a person wasn't medically released, his or her career could of spanned from private to general.
I hope they make things right. They are committing our sons and daughters to fight in conflicts overseas and the GoC has not figured out the solution to the problem of looking after
Veterans. Is the Dust ever going settle?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

The Winds of Change are Blowing! Empty The Winds of Change are Blowing!

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:33

In the last week, the Minister of Veterans Affairs made two announcements that addressed longstanding issues of concern to Veterans and their families:

After 65 financial security for moderately to severely disabled Veterans and their families: On March 9 the Minister announced a proposed new financial benefit – the Retirement Income Security Benefit – that would provide these Veterans with continued assistance in the form of a monthly income support payment beginning at age 65.
Parity for Veteran Reservists: On March 13, the Minister announced that beginning in April 2015, all Veterans of the Reserve Force eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) will be ensured a minimum annual income of $42,426, which is the current ELB of a basic corporal in the Regular Force.
I see this as a wind of change for Veterans and their families.

Yes, the devil is in the details – and I am trying to nail those details down as fast as possible to share them with you – but, at the same time, I want you to know that I am pleased with the work Minister O’Toole has done in his first 10 weeks as Minister of Veterans Affairs. He’s a Veteran and he brings with him respect for his fellow Veterans and their families. I’ve worked with him closely enough to know that he understands the issues and is passionate about getting the job done.

Of course, the Minister and I won’t agree on everything, but respectful dialogue can lead to progress. And, now that we’ve started moving forward, I want to make sure that we keep going in that direction and don’t lose momentum.

I am ready to work with the Minister of Veterans Affairs and the staff at Veterans Affairs Canada to help ensure that the implementation of these new measures is fair to Veterans and their families in terms of adequacy, sufficiency and accessibility and is completed quickly. My Office will monitor progress on an ongoing basis to make sure that it achieves the effect intended.

In conclusion, I want to thank all Veterans’ advocates, Veterans’ organizations, individual Veterans and their families, and other stakeholders across Canada who have worked so hard in recent years to promote the needs of Veterans and their families. Without the dedication and perseverance of all of you, we wouldn’t be where we are today!

Guy Parent

Veterans Ombudsman

http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/blog/post/291
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down